Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » do you love significant other conditionally or unconditionally? do you love anyone conditionally or unconditionally?

do you love significant other conditionally or unconditionally? do you love anyone conditionally or unconditionally?

Posted - July 3, 2017

Responses

I love everyone unconditionally.   I have to.  We are all one.

However, I dislike many people and if my "spouse" * (*If I HAD one) ever did anything to make me dislike him, I would.  Unequivocally.  And it may lead to my divorcing said creature if the faults were bad enough to merit that.

But, underneath it all, I love everyone and want them to be loved.   Even Trump could do with a few hugs.  Maybe it would improve his outlook.  That is the trouble.  He has no clue how to love.  He just possesses people who are on his side.

That is not love.  That is insanity.

July 3, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

i havent been lucky enough to get a significant other
      July 3, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

• I'm not sure how to answer this.
    It's all so very complicated, but I will say... I've fallen pretty hard for someone.
    They are perfect in every way. Yes...I love this person with no strings attached 
    We'll see what happens in time, but right now I am enjoying the ride immensely and I hope it goes on forever and a day.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 3, 2017 4:38 PM MDT
      July 3, 2017 11:12 AM MDT

I do love my wife unconditionally---and here a quote that I basically agree with:

Unconditional love REALLY means, "I love you no matter what happens," NOT "no matter what you do to me." It means UNDER ANY CONDITION life throws at us. I promise not to scream at you because I'm having a bad day. I promise not to look for love elsewhere if you are. I promise not to blame you if we hit the skids.

The original marriage vow ideal is love, honor, and cherish, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. In other words, the "for richer or poorer...." part means UNDER ANY CONDITION. If we're rich or we're poor. If we're sick or we're healthy. If the sun is shining or it's snowy. No matter WHAT conditions our relationship has to endure. I will love, honor and cherish you.

Commitment ends when repetitive hurt comes in or when a relationship ending INSTANCE comes in (cheating/abuse). Unconditional love means, "I love you. Love is an action, and you come first with me." Unconditional love means, "I love you NO MATTER WHAT CONDITIONS OCCUR." No matter what life throws our way, I will not take it out on you and I will not forget you exist."

If we are healthy, we must set boundaries for people to stay or go in our lives. These are standards, and they don't disappear when you find someone to settle down with.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/getting-back-out-there/201609/what-is-unconditional-love

July 3, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

Excellent post. Bravo.
      July 3, 2017 8:47 PM MDT

Glad you liked it.  It was a rare find.
      July 4, 2017 11:53 AM MDT

My kind of love knows no bounds.
      July 4, 2017 11:57 AM MDT