Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » I just got my first "your comment was deleted because...." feedback on AnswerMug. It was timely, polite and informative. I appreciate it. How important is feedback to you and why?

I just got my first "your comment was deleted because...." feedback on AnswerMug. It was timely, polite and informative. I appreciate it. How important is feedback to you and why?

Posted - August 7, 2016

Responses

Hey Rosie, Yes, indeed, I've gotten one or two (not sure which) of those notices.  I appreciate the feedback.  We never got feedback on any comments deleted on Answerbag so it's appreciated that AB makes that effort.

August 7, 2016 1:48 AM MDT

Without any feedback we wouldn't be sure what caused any troubles. I think feedback is vital.
      August 7, 2016 1:51 AM MDT

I know. It used to drive me totally bonkers on Answerbag. If you aren't TOLD what you did wrong how can you know not to do  it again? It's like taking a Driver renewal test. You get to see the ones you got wrong so you don't get then wrong if you have to retake the test.  Without feedback you just keep moseying along thinking everything is hunky dory when it isn't. Thank you for your reply PC and Happy Sunday to thee! :)

August 7, 2016 2:36 AM MDT

Me too SH! I really appreciated getting that feedback.  I kinda knew I that what I wrote was a  little out of line and it bothered me but I would have forgotten all about it without the feedback which was timely and polite and informative. What more can you ask that that? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)

August 7, 2016 2:38 AM MDT

Same to you Rosie G!
      August 7, 2016 2:39 AM MDT

I can't imagine what you could have said to get a comment deleted.  You seem pretty civil to me (if not always rational :-)).  What did you do/say?

August 7, 2016 2:51 AM MDT

:):):) Thank you SH :)

August 7, 2016 3:45 AM MDT

:-)

August 7, 2016 3:58 AM MDT

• Can I ask why it was deleted?

August 7, 2016 4:20 AM MDT

Of course. I was guilty of a personal attack on someone. I used a couple of insulting words so  I should have been called on it. It was not one of my better responses and I appreciate the feedback that I received. It was brief, polite and informative.. Thank you for asking austrans. I am a work in progress! Happy Sunday to you m'dear! :)

August 7, 2016 4:27 AM MDT

I used a couple of insulting words in response to someone who royally ticked me off. I was wrong to do so and I appreciate being called on  it. If you don't get helpful feedback how can you possibly not to do it again? I know better. I just didn't do better at that moment. Thank you for asking  Nimitz and Happy Sunday

August 7, 2016 4:30 AM MDT

I hope one of my answers to one of your questions does not create a like response by you.

August 7, 2016 5:30 AM MDT

Well one of the words I used was "pathetic". I forget the other word I used Ele. I dunno. So far you've been  polite so I haven't gotten ticked off at ya.  That person has been a thorn in my side for awhile and usually I just ignore  so I don't get myself into trouble but I guess  I couldn't resist which of course immediately  brought me down to his level. What a revolting development! Anyway I was wrong. Better to ignore in the future.  If I do snap at you I would appreciate it if you would call me on it IMMEDIATELY. Okey dokey? Sometimes I come off to other people not the way I intended to and if I don't get feedback how would I know that?  Thank you for your reply! :)

August 7, 2016 7:30 AM MDT

August 7, 2016 10:01 AM MDT

No.  I just want to know why YOU got a comment deleted.

It seems we have over zealous mods now that are bored and have no life.

YOU ?  Why would anyone delete something YOU said?
    You are polite.

I get one of those a week at least.  I deserve it though.

August 7, 2016 10:09 AM MDT

Step,

I have ASKED JA to just take my stuff off,  because I don't need to hear about it, and she ALWAYS tells me anyway.  So, if that happened, I wonder if there is more to the story.   I find that when she does notify me, it is good that I heard why.   I don't want to keep aggravating people on here. 

???

They always tell you if they can.  They don't come out like thieves in the night. 

I don't know what is deleted or not when it is unless she tells me because I don't care and never look back. But that is because I never shut up and just keep talking anyway. 

Try that one.  If they delete something, just say it again in a different manner if you can.

No offense? But who remembers anyway?  Do you remember anything I say?  LOL

August 7, 2016 10:12 AM MDT

August 7, 2016 10:43 AM MDT

•   August 7, 2016 11:03 AM MDT

You, too, Rosie...and you're right.  If you're gonna be censored/censured, it's nice to know why. :-)

Edit: pardon me if I still can't imagine you insulting anyone...uh, except Trump, of course.

August 7, 2016 2:36 PM MDT

Well honestly it was due to two words... I accused someone of being PATHETIC and I forget the other word I used in the accusation. But I was out of line Sharonna.  You know I'm always harping about being able to disagree without insulting.  Personally I think calling someone pathetic isn't all the bad considering what I could have said but it is no compliment. I usually ignore that person all the time who is not my cuppa tea in any way. I don't know why I got ticked off. Oh. Yes I do. Because I read it which I never do. So it was definitely my bad . Thank you for your reply!  I guess we just can't escape being hypocrites at times. Sadly! :)

August 8, 2016 2:59 AM MDT

Well I'm friends with one of them Step and  I trust her even though we are at opposite ends of the political spectrum. I think she is fair and honorable. Of course I can't be 100% sure of anything. Life is an unknown and there are many things we think we know that we don't.  On Answerbag I never got feedback. I kept asking WHY but no one ever bothered to inform me so of course I kept repeating whatever the he** it was I was doing wrong. I really appreciated the comment. I hope you're wrong my friend. Also I hope  no one treats me any differently than anyone else. I don't want to be singled out for any reason. I just want to say  what I want to say and get the same feedback  and the same action that everyone else would get. Otherwise there is no solid foundation for anything and favoritism or dislike will rule what people do and that is dishonorable/unconscionable and I don't want any part of it. Thank you for your reply Step and Happy Monday! :)

August 8, 2016 3:06 AM MDT

Rosie, calling someone pathetic is pretty tame imho, so I'm surprised it was sensored. I've seen worse and I'm sure I've said worse. Odd to say the least.
      August 9, 2016 4:18 AM MDT

Well honey honestly I forget the other word. I'm gonna see if I can go back and find out what it was. But I think I deserved it. Calling someone "pathetic" is not a compliment by any means. Thank you for your feedback PC and Happy Tuesday to thee. If I can find the other word I will come back and let you know! :) OK. I deleted the incoming message so unless I happen upon something about it I will have no clue what that other word was! Bummer!  :(

August 9, 2016 4:33 AM MDT

Was your comment to another comment? If there was a reply/comment above yours that was against the TOS that gets deleted anything below the offending comment would also be deleted.
      August 10, 2016 6:04 AM MDT