Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How would you survive during a "Zombie Apocalypse" ?

How would you survive during a "Zombie Apocalypse" ?

Posted - April 1, 2018

Responses

King Zombie?
    Can't beat'em join'em?
      April 1, 2018 12:43 PM MDT

Thanks for the heads-up.
      April 1, 2018 12:45 PM MDT

Volunteer service at a fortified military base somewhere. Know where the nearest one is. Be proactive and join the National Guard. This post was edited by O-uknow at April 1, 2018 5:12 PM MDT
      April 1, 2018 12:54 PM MDT

Are they fussed about bad knees and a bent chassis ?
      April 1, 2018 12:56 PM MDT

I would die.  OF BOREDOM.

Kill me now.

April 1, 2018 12:57 PM MDT

That's one pretty effective image to me!
    :)
      April 1, 2018 5:10 PM MDT

I appreciate art and special effects.  But you can only do Zombie a zillion times and then it gets boring.  It was already DONE a zillion times last decade.

Also, they should have stopped the teeth way before they did. It doesn't make sense this way.  The teeth and gums are wider than the face.  ????  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 7, 2018 6:43 PM MDT
      April 1, 2018 5:15 PM MDT

True. You're right. From the upper lip upward is what struck me first, I guess.

and the granddaddy/mommy best living dead movie that started them all for me is still 1968's "Night of the Living Dead" as you've probably seen me say over and over.
    It started the whole genre as we know it now and none have done it better in my opinion. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 1, 2018 7:24 PM MDT
      April 1, 2018 7:22 PM MDT

How would you like to go ?
      April 1, 2018 12:58 PM MDT

• "Change channels."
      April 1, 2018 1:05 PM MDT

Join a group that knows how to survive.
      April 1, 2018 1:07 PM MDT

Check out the site of the Zombie Anti Defamation League---"Consciousness Raising for a Post Vital Existence"

https://zombieadl.wordpress.com/

April 1, 2018 3:13 PM MDT

"The basement is the safest place."

April 1, 2018 5:12 PM MDT

Since Zombies can't climb stairs, I would think that being on the top floor would be safer.
      April 1, 2018 6:51 PM MDT

Ha! You're right, Lulu'sMom.

My answer comes directly from my avatar --  and my favorite movie - -  George Romero's 1968 original "Night of the Living Dead" and for the seven living people in the farmhouse, the basement was a key part of the characters' discussions. I couldn't resist to simply refer to the movie.

If you like movies like this, I highly recommend this movie.
      April 1, 2018 7:21 PM MDT

I saw that movie when it first came out and at the time is scared me to death.
    Now this many years later, after seeing it again I didn't realize how bad the acting was but still fun to watch.
    After watching  "The Walking Dead," and how good the acting is and how good the special effects are, I am very picky about my Zombie movies.
    I think two of the best were, " Dawn of The Dead" and "World War Z."
      April 2, 2018 10:06 AM MDT

One of the things I like about "Night of the Living Dead" is just what you referred to - - bad acting. I've never found the acting bad. I find the people come across as truly REAL people - - not slicked-up Hollywood stars "acting." And slick effects. (I find the effects in "NoLD" hold up very well, once one buys into the whole scenario of the movie.)
    I know I'm alone on all this, especially the acting. I still stand behind the acting coming across as raw and real.

And the HEAVY mood of complete hopelessness and despair practically drips from the movie - - from the beginning and it never lets up. I love that dark mood.

I can't say enough great things about the movie --  it's even my avatar.

On to other movies - - which "Dawn of the Dead" movie did you like? I liked very much both the original and Zack Snyder's remake.
    I haven't seen "World War Z." In fact, you're the first person who I've heard talk about seeing it. I should check it out.

Hey, have you seen "28 Days Later"?  I love it!!! A living-dead-ish movie.

I have yet to see one episode of The Walking Dead - - I own the first season. What are they on now, though? Season 45?

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 8, 2018 12:35 PM MDT
      April 7, 2018 6:40 PM MDT

The Dawn of the Dead movie I like is the one where they live in the mall.
    That would be a great place to be cuz you would have everything you could ever need to survive.
    Yes I have seen 28 Days Later and I agree that is another good one.
    All of the Zombie movies were inspired by Night of The Living Dead including The Walking Dead which is two shows away from the end of season eight.
    You really should give it a shot it really is done so well. It is more about how the people survive then about the zombies themselves..
      April 8, 2018 12:44 PM MDT

i lvoe everything you wrote here.

Both versions of "Dawn of the Dead" -- the original and Snyder's remake --  take place in a mall. Both movies are superb to me.

I didn't mean to sound argumentative in my comments about the acting in "Night of the Living Dead" --  it certainly does come off not quite-so-clean. I just meant to say that somehow that quality of acting makes it all more real to me.

Yes, I need to watch Season One of "The Walking Dead" and get started into it all -- I think I'd like it, like you said.

Oh - -  and that's another thing I like about "Night of the Living Dead," sort of what you said about "The Walking Dead" being more about the people than the living dead - - the REAL drama to me in "NoLD" is the fighting and disagreements and agreements of the seven humans in the farm house. I really can see how that is how something like that would go down -- we humans could end up being our own worst enemies, even though we would all be trying to do our best. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 8, 2018 1:50 PM MDT
      April 8, 2018 1:41 PM MDT

They did a remake of it which I thought was much better.
    If you do watch The Walking Dead, I must warn you that you will get hooked.
      April 8, 2018 1:56 PM MDT

THe remake for "Night of the Living Dead"? I loved that one, too!

(I took trips to where both the original and remake of "NoLD" were made --  both were filmed in counties near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.)

April 8, 2018 2:25 PM MDT

COOL
      April 8, 2018 3:17 PM MDT

April 8, 2018 3:21 PM MDT

• Will you explain this zombie apocalypse in detail since you obviously know how it goes down and all?  
      April 1, 2018 7:50 PM MDT