Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton create ISIS?

Did Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton create ISIS?

Trump thinks so..  A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.~Proverb

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/04/opinions/bergen-trump-obama-clinton-creation-of-isis/

Posted - August 11, 2016

Responses

You never know, we {Meaning Americans} trained the Muslim pilots that took down the Twin Towers, hit the Pentagon, 20 years of being with Jeremiah Wright, an American hating Muslim, Obama would have the perfect grooming for it.   

August 11, 2016 12:30 PM MDT

• lol... i don't believe Trump ever does anything remotely related to 'thinking'.

August 11, 2016 12:30 PM MDT

Hillary did much of it.  Obama just got screwed over by her warmongering.

August 11, 2016 1:11 PM MDT

Did they set out to create ISIS specifically? NO. Did interventionist American foreign policy in the Middle East, over the last 50 years, ignite an ultra-conservative backlash, which gave rise to a number of Anti-American, Anti-Western terror groups using a puritanical, fundamentalist form of Islam as a political tool to recruit disenfranchised young men and women to their cause? YES.

August 11, 2016 1:18 PM MDT

Fact-free rant is fact-free.

August 11, 2016 1:18 PM MDT

ISIS was not born yesterday. It and its roots go back several decades.

August 11, 2016 1:19 PM MDT

• *points up...

this!

August 11, 2016 1:19 PM MDT

Um, excuse me?

2003 -- US invades Iraq, destabilizing the government and endangering the minority Sunni population

2006 - The US starts supporting Sunni anti-Assad rebels in Syria, destabilzing the government

While HRC may have voted on Senate legislation relating to those actions, she had NO direct responsibility for them.

But, of course, Hillary-bashing is SO MUCH MORE FUN than actually knowing WTF you're talking about, right?....;-D...

August 11, 2016 1:22 PM MDT

OS, do you remember Mad Magazine's "Stupid answers to stupid questions"? 

Need I say more!

August 11, 2016 5:01 PM MDT

You can't take anything to the bank here OS, it's just a social site, all truth be told there's not one person on this site {Including you and me} that knows the truth about anything going on in DC. Hell, forget DC. no one even knows what's going on behind closed doors in your local Mayors office, lol. Enjoy the ride dude, we're just another brick in the wall. 

August 11, 2016 5:12 PM MDT

Nuff said (BS)   

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.~Proverb

August 11, 2016 6:55 PM MDT

August 11, 2016 6:58 PM MDT

my-my-my..

August 11, 2016 7:00 PM MDT

August 11, 2016 7:02 PM MDT

August 11, 2016 8:24 PM MDT

@BSD -- Sorry, no. Stuff it.

Just because we can't prove HRC wasn't behind it doesn't mean you can assert that she was. That's just bigotry talking.

If you're willing to preface all such statements with "I have NO EVIDENCE to support this belief and I may be entirely making this up...", I will let all such statements go unchallanged.

But if you're going to assert "Hillary The Evil Witch founded ISIS", then I'm going to challange such reality-free statements.

August 11, 2016 9:31 PM MDT

• OS - The establishment created ISIS. Its roots go back decades, though it became a significant force just recently on Obama / Hillary's watch. This occurred as a direct result of their policy of funding and supplying Syrian rebels.

They are the de facto founders of ISIS. The only question is whether they founded ISIS out of gross incompetence (because they were too stupid to recognise the Syrian rebels were 99% radical Muslim extremists), or whether they did it maliciously to destabilise the region. Whatever the case Hillary is ineligible to be president. She is incompetent at best and a traitor at worst.

I believe she's a traitor and there is massive evidence to support this. Though evidence can never exist is an vacuum of authority. The establishment will never indict itself on its own authority. Since the establishment is the only thing you respect as a credible source of evidence and as having the moral authority to make such an indictment, you are psychologically incapable of seeing the truth. We will not be limited by your deficiencies.

August 13, 2016 1:53 AM MDT

@AS -- Gosh, what a surprise!

You admit the creation of ISIS is a result of bipartisan policies going back decades, but, of course, it's ***only*** THE STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ who are grossly incompetent and traitors.

Please come back when you have a coherent argument to make, not thinly-veiled STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHL-bashing.

August 13, 2016 2:00 AM MDT

• OS - It has nothing to do with parties. The establishment is above all that.

Once again you show yourself to have a complete lack of mental subtly. You constantly conflate things. Muslim extremism is an IDEOLOGY that the establishment has been stirring up for decades. ISIS is an ORGANIZATION with pretensions of being a state that was just recently born.

An ideology can do relatively little harm unless it gets the necessary funding, supplies, and protection to ORGANIZE itself effectively.

In this thread

http://answermug.com/forum/topics/when-will-americans-realise-gun-c...

you yourself expressed the belief that rebellions are ineffective unless -

"A) At least part of the government military joins the rebel side

B) The rebels are financed/equipped by an outside government who perceives its geopolitical interests are served by supporting the rebellion."

Congratulations Old School! What a rare piece of geopolitical insight on your part! Shame you can't see the obvious implications of it.

August 13, 2016 4:04 AM MDT