Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Why did God say that knowledge would increase in the end times right before Jesus comes?

Why did God say that knowledge would increase in the end times right before Jesus comes?

Why satellites, internet, smart phones? What do you think?

Posted - August 24, 2016

Responses

• Please cite examples of prophecy you believe are of divine origin and have come to pass.

August 27, 2016 11:22 PM MDT

August 28, 2016 1:29 AM MDT

"You can do nothing without me" Jesus said, since he is controlling the universe.

God said that "In Jesus all things were created, things visible and not visible. They were created by Him and For him"

We choose to sin and now the earth is cursed with diseases. So that is why Jesus came down from heaven to save humanity from imminent death. He took our sins on his shoulders so we are perfect for heaven. And God hears our prayers if we are born again and have the Holy Spirit I our hearts. And he answers our prayers. So we don't need to worry about a thing.

August 28, 2016 1:37 AM MDT

The fate of Israel. The fate of Syria. Jesus being born. Increased "Great". The gospel being preached from the air (satellites). Just google Bible prophesies that have come true. There are a few thousand specific ones listed.

August 28, 2016 1:42 AM MDT

"Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons."

1 Tim 2:1

August 28, 2016 1:46 AM MDT

• Each religion holds itself to be the "true faith". Simply offering a biblical quote does not establish that Christianity is true. Saying that one who questions or flatly speaks against Christianity is a "demon" is an ad hominem and does not refute what has been said.

August 28, 2016 9:48 AM MDT

• I will hold to my original statements. God directly created viral, bacterial and parasitic disease with the express desire to inflict harm, often grievous harm.  Human science, not god, as mitigated and in some cases eliminated such disease.   The idea these diseases are visited upon one for "sin" is to make god a despot.  What does one say to a child stricken with polio, whooping cough, TB, plague...? Are the innocent just collateral damage in a war against sin? This stance has biblical support.

And god hears prayers? Aren't the people in drought plagued Africa praying loud enough?  Or maybe they don't pray to the true god of the true faith? One imagines people swept away in a tsunami or flood are calling to some god.  Ah, but not the true god?

August 28, 2016 10:18 AM MDT

Psalm 34:9
    O fear the LORD, you His saints; For to those who fear Him there is no want.

August 28, 2016 10:23 AM MDT

• This does not at all address the points I raised.  Evasion!

August 28, 2016 10:35 AM MDT

I am sorry I thought you asked me about people starving in countries like Africa. God promises to take care of us and answer our prayers if we put him 1:st when we walk with the Holy Spirit in our hearts. God does miracles for us when we love him. It's like gravity. If we jump off a cliff we die. We are all heading for death because of our own sins. Jesus will catch you if you ask him to, and will take good care of you. There are miracle stories everywhere, in Africa too. But it is also a test for us to love those who need help. Are we doing a good job loving people who have it hard in Africa? My great aunts were missionaries there for over 50 years and the Africans loved them.

August 28, 2016 2:35 PM MDT

• Seems this god promises but falls very short of delivery.  To suggest there is suffering such as starvation to give others a chance to show love to the suffers is twisted, an offence to rational moral thinking.

August 28, 2016 3:03 PM MDT

We need to make sure we have the right path. Only Jesus died for humanities sins.

The Narrow Gate

(Luke 13:22-30)

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

August 28, 2016 3:03 PM MDT

God never told me that.

August 28, 2016 3:06 PM MDT

Not to those who put their faith in HIm.
    "If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers. Such branches are gathered up, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be My disciples"
      August 28, 2016 3:24 PM MDT

How did I become convinced about God? Because I asked for wisdom when I was a little girl. I begged for truth and read my Bible in Second grade by myself in my bedroom and really wanted to know what God has to say to us humans.

One day I asked him to prove to me that he exists by removing a penny from my dresser when I slept. I woke up and of course the penny was still there.  That very second God saved me and the Holy Spirit convicted me that God does not owe me any thing. He exists whether I realize it or not. Who am I to put God to the test? I felt so rotten that I got down and cried and asked for forgiveness and promised him to give my whole life to him. There are so many times he has answered my prayers, and so many times he has gotten me out of impossible situations, that now I don't worry about a thing.

August 28, 2016 3:54 PM MDT