Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How to get over your ex moving on?

How to get over your ex moving on?

Its weird, my ex was very abusive and i left. I was told that he is already seeing someone else after a week and a half. I dont know why but i feel really angry and hurt. I think its unfair that they got to move on already. We have a baby together, so its even harder for me because i dont ever want to trust another man into my life. I just feel like maybe i should be happy, am i having selfish feelings? any tips on how to get over and move on myself?

Posted - August 28, 2016

Responses

You are most welcome!  Have a great day! :)

August 30, 2016 9:06 AM MDT

August 30, 2016 11:45 AM MDT

• If he's in fact abusive then remind yourself of that and say good riddance. You really don't want that back do you? You also have to remember it could be just mind games. If people tell you he's already onto someone else after only a week and a half it could be a control tactic to get you to feel this way in the first place I would be very suspicious about it just saying especially if you left him. If you feel this way about your ex moving on then you let him win.

Look I wouldn't say any of this if it wasn't for what you say about him, that he was in fact abusive. You have to realize abusers play mind games it's how they have control. Don't let him talk, you have to let yourself talk and your gut is scientifically linked so while you can use common sense it's all best to trust that "other" voice. Your own and not his.

You do deserve a man and yes you can still trust men in your life and no it isn't selfish but it will take time. You have to be comfortable with being alone and recognizing your own value before you even do that. Baby steps.

Here's a good site I wouldn't take this advice to heart but it has a lot of info if you like reading new ideas:

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/

August 30, 2016 5:25 PM MDT

• Hi Caryn ... I'm going to take a different approach, though I also agree with what Jeepie said :)

Did he move on... Or did you? Seems to me that he just found another victim while you have opened up your life to a whole bunch of new possibilities, and not just your life but you're child's also ... This might sound harsh but I'm a firm believer in you can't find the right person while you're still with the wrong person ... You just made the first step in the rest of your life ... And I think it was a good one :)

August 30, 2016 5:32 PM MDT