Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Does anyone have images not saving issue like I do?

Does anyone have images not saving issue like I do?

I have a brand new HP laptop  works fine except I can't save  images from google.  This laptop came with windows 10.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Posted - September 17, 2016

Responses

• Have you checked if you are saving jpeg images, which by default will put them into a different folder, unless you change to "all files" on the type. It will still remain a jpeg image, but it will show up with all other type formats. For example, if you have a clip art picture folder, you can keep all your clip art together. Look in your download file and see if they are being sent there. I use Win10 and have not had issues. The picture icon in 10 is only for viewing already saved images. 

September 17, 2016 9:05 PM MDT

how does one check what type of image is being saved? How does one direct items to the correct folder? Where is the download file?  What picture Icon???   I am new to Windows 10.   It's what came with this laptop.

September 18, 2016 1:32 PM MDT

Aquarius3, I have Windows 7 but perhaps it's done somewhat the same way.  I've run across web pages that wouldn't allow me to right click the picture and this is my work-around for that problem.  Since our systems are a bit different maybe you can tweak it a bit to work with Win10. Also, I don't know if you are familiar with Windows 7 and if you are, sorry for providing more detail than you needed.

Go to the page where the image is that you want to copy

Hit prt sc (print screen) button

Click "Start"

Click "Paint" (This is the program I normally use)

Click the down arrow under "Paste"

Click "Paste" again

Now since print screen prints the entire screen, select just the image with these steps:

Hit the down arrow under the "Select" button

I always use "rectangular selection"

Then draw a box around the image

With your cursor inside the box, right click

Click "Copy"

Click the down arrow above the "Paste" button 

Click "New"'

Select "Don't Save"

Right click in the Paint document

Select "Paste"

Then save the document (at this point is where you can choose the file type and the folder you want to save your image to).

I hope this helps a little bit.

September 18, 2016 6:50 PM MDT

I found a hidden  downloads file in a Saved Images Folder that was marked empty.  I clicked on the dm.wnload and found the images.   I dragged them to where I wanted then

September 18, 2016 8:50 PM MDT