Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? GOD destroyed those cities allegedly because of their WICKEDNESS?

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? GOD destroyed those cities allegedly because of their WICKEDNESS?

HE did it once so HE can do it again. Dumb city is certainly a wicked place where evil reigns supreme. OF course the wickedness was sexually depraved activities in Sodom and Gomorrah. What about politically depraved activities? Just as evil and just as worthy of destroying. And who says depraved sex isn't going on as well in dumb city. Anything goes there. Everything is okay.  A thought one can contemplate in the Twilight Zone of life in these here united states.

Next time the fire? I don't know. We were flooded once and will we be flooded again or will it be a different means of destruction? Which hurts less...drowning or burning to death?

Will it just be focused on dumb city d.c. and palm beach the home of the great destroyer or will the entire united states be sacrificed because we tolerated it celebrated it participated in it supported it promulgated it and rejoiced in the evil?

Posted - February 13, 2020

Responses

No "allegedly".  He said it was because of wickedness.  Abraham bargained with God to spare the cities (he got down to 10 people), but there weren't enough righteous people there God only found Lot and his daughters to be salvageable... and just barely at that (Lot's daughtes had insest with theirt fatjher shortly after that).

God can destroy any city or nation He wishes.  But when He does, it's because they are too wicked to remain (they cause others to stumble).  The US is no exception. Of course, no one can say for sure what God will or won't do (unless He specifically says so).
      February 13, 2020 1:00 PM MST

You know what I think is an ABOMINATION Shuhak? Some of the ALLEGED religious folk who say no one is perfect AND they don't vote for character they vote for policy! Now I don't buy that. It is ABSURD rationalization and the product of fuzzy irrational "thinking". If I don't buy it I doubt GOD buys it. I conclude that whatever religion those Republican pols allege the only person who is truly honorable is MITT ROMNEY and by extension being a MORMON. I know their past is not unblemished what with having a bazillion wives. That was all about sex of course and dirty old men. But I think that was gotten rid of completely. The rest of the ilk should be mortifed at their lack of moral courage. I guess fear is stronger than faith. I shall have to ask. Thank you for your reply! :).
      February 14, 2020 2:31 AM MST

Yep---voting for policy rather than character is, in my opinion, probitive evidence for that "dumb" gene discussed elsewhere here recently.
      February 14, 2020 2:38 AM MST

Yes. I agree with thee completely! Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 15, 2020 10:09 AM MST

I think character and policy go hand in hand.  Each affects the other.  One shouldn't have to be "religious" in order to do the right or honorable thing.  It should be natural for everyone to do it - always.  
      February 14, 2020 10:41 AM MST

Once agree I agree Shuhak. Doing the "right" thing should be what everyone does IDEALLY. But when self-interest/politics get in the way the "right" thing is screwed bigly. More's the pity. Thank you for your reply! :) You should do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. No brainer fer cryin' out loud!
      February 15, 2020 10:11 AM MST

Trump supporters don't understand that---I've heard that some might think that character is merely "fluff."
      February 17, 2020 4:12 PM MST

I think God said he would never do the flood thing again.
      February 14, 2020 2:35 AM MST

I know. So the fire next time. Would you prefer to die by drowning or being burned to death? Scylla and Charybdis. Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      February 15, 2020 10:12 AM MST

I'll take what's behind door #3...
      February 17, 2020 4:10 PM MST