Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Is It A Good Idea to Make Promises You Can't Keep?

Responses

See, this is the problem with talking all big and bad. Sooner or later people will expect the purveyor of pomposity to produce.  After all the silly 'teasers,' Assange has failed to get it up.  Color me not shocked.
      October 2, 2016 5:20 PM MDT

I have tossed around a theory that the guy is one of the greatest open-extortionists the world has even known.

See, this question assumes he began with intentions of exposing damning truths. What if the intention was to simply
    profit from damning truths?

October 2, 2016 5:35 PM MDT

All in all that's an excellent analysis.  Markedly unlike Edward Snowden (whom I believe is an honest-to-pete patriot), Assange seeks some kind of gain for the information he releases.  I'll BEGIN to take him more seriously when he ceases playing silly games.
      October 2, 2016 5:43 PM MDT

I have to agree with you there. It's plainly obviously to anyone watching that Snowden gained nothing by coming forward, rather he lost everything.

Assange is someone I've watched in wonder for a while now. Particularly given the fact that he has a son who procured a bachelor of science and supposedly works as a software designer. Just doesn't sound like the life of someone running from the most powerful entities in the world. But I could see that being the life of someone auctioning off information, perhaps even root sources to them.
      October 2, 2016 6:23 PM MDT

Exactly.  If all things with Assange were as they appear, he wouldn't be risking his son's life by sending him off to college and then to a promising career (in IT!?!?).  And that's even IF such opportunities were available to the progeny of a putative political pariah. (Gawd I love alliterations! :-))
      October 3, 2016 2:25 AM MDT

Family quickly becomes a liability when dealing with tyrants, I know that much.
      October 3, 2016 9:06 AM MDT