Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » INCREASED SURGES/SPIKES in 23 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico in the last few days! And you thought it would never happen?

INCREASED SURGES/SPIKES in 23 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico in the last few days! And you thought it would never happen?

Because of why?

Posted - June 8, 2020

Responses

Because many people don’t “shive a get” (pardon my dyslexia). 

Masks?  We don’t need no stinkin’ masks! 

The virus has brought us to a crossroads.  We can either go back to how things were, cross our fingers and hope all goes well, or we can change to suit the new environment.  The first path will take little effort to traverse, but it will lead through much suffering and death before eventually bringing us right back to the same crossroads.   The second path will take much effort to traverse.  That path is filled with many mountains that must be climbed and obstacles that must be overcome.  Taking it will require us to change some of our old ways and to think up new ways of doing things.  At first, this path will make us tired and sore.  But if we don’t give up and turn back, eventually it will become easier to travel.

June 8, 2020 10:53 AM MDT

Honestly Shuhak you crack me up. I read it three times before I got it. You mean give a sh** right? Yes I'm giggling. Geez I might just use it with attribution to you of course. What do you think these daily peaceful protests will generate virus wise? Many wear masks and many don't and there is no possibility of social distancing so adding to the misery will be a super surge due to those protests? Worldwide? I guess we shall see about that as well. I think Jim and I are pretty well adjusted to what we do now. I think it will be hard to "go back to" anything the way it used to be. I mean going out MASKLESS without gloves (when we go to the market we both wear gloves as well as masks) seems scary! Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 8, 2020 2:43 PM MDT
      June 8, 2020 11:41 AM MDT

Yes, that's what I meant.

Yes, I think we will see a surge (spike?).  But again, many of these people don’t care.  Some who wore masks only did it to hide their faces, but most were so intent on protesting that they didn’t really care (think) about the virus.  Yes there were groups of peaceful protesters who tried to do it right, but there were many more who didn’t.

June 8, 2020 2:55 PM MDT

Next week in Tulsa bunker boy starts up again his hate ralllies. I wonder how many there will be and if any with masks would be allowed to attend. I'm sure bunker boy is starving for the adulation he gets from them. He'd die without it so he might have one every day to make up for the months lost. How many of his peeps will become infected, infect others and how many will die from having attended his hate rallies either directly or indirectly? How do we ascertain that? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 11, 2020 8:53 AM MDT

Who thought it would never happen? Not me.
      June 8, 2020 11:02 AM MDT

As long as the hospitals can handle the load...then we should remain open.
      June 9, 2020 4:37 AM MDT