Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly 80% of Americans think the country is OUT OF CONTROL. Allegedly 45% approve of the job tumbleweed is doing. WHAT?

Allegedly 80% of Americans think the country is OUT OF CONTROL. Allegedly 45% approve of the job tumbleweed is doing. WHAT?

Something stinks bigly.

Why would anyone approve of the guy who forced the country to get OUT OF CONTROL on his watch by his constant lying corruption criminality devious specious duplicitous chokehold and ignoring the rule of law and mocking the Constitution?

Are they crackpots like him? 45% approve of him so why isn't it only 55% who think the country is out of control? I don't get it. Before tumbleweed showed up things were sane. Since him nothing remains sane that he touches. OUT OF CONTROL is his mouth and deeds. Approval? Sheesh. Weird.

Posted - June 8, 2020

Responses

Some of the overlap may be people like me ... who foresaw a President such as we have now, and think that while the country is "out of control" sometimes you need to lose control temporarily to "wake up" and take firm control of the wheel.
      June 8, 2020 3:05 PM MDT

People like thee are rare in my experience Walt. Setting that aside I really don't grasp that logic.

It doesn't compute and you are very good at explaining things I can't understand. Why would you have to temporarily LOSE CONTROL? During that instant you could crash and die and then what? See how my mind works? Now I can grasp slowing down, changing direction, letting someone else take over slowly by slowly so you don't crash. But losing control? Nope. Bad things happen instantly and change your life forever. I mean one wrong word and a relationship can change forever. One wrong act and your life can be shattered forever. Please explain that "lose control temporarily" for me. Thank you for your thoughtful reply! :) I'm all ears!
      June 9, 2020 2:39 AM MDT

It's like Driver's Education.
    Students, who have never driven before, are given control of the vehicle.
    They learn as much by doing it wrong, as they do by doing it right.
    Years later, they have gotten comfortable with their driving skills ... sometimes too comfortable, until they nearly have an accident.
    That makes them more aware and careful.
      June 9, 2020 6:52 AM MDT

See? I TOLD YOU SO! I get it!. Thank you for the clarification Walt. I wonder how many driver "students' ever killed anyone during the learning?
      June 9, 2020 7:01 AM MDT

I don't know.

One of the girls in my school, who lived a few houses down from my, managed to "side swipe" 6 or 7 cars parked in a row ... while practice driving with the teacher.  There were 3 other students in the car.  She still hasn't lived that down.  lol

There was a city center roundabout where I grew up, and there was ALWAYS somebody going the wrong way when the student drivers went around it.  We had a theory that the driving teachers actually called somebody to do it.  But the vehicle and driver were always different, when we compared notes.  lol
      June 9, 2020 2:01 PM MDT

Wow! She got her license though eventually even though? I wonder what her driving record was later on? Thank you for your reply Walt. That is one job I cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want it? Do you? Thank you for sharing that bit of your history! :)
      June 9, 2020 2:32 PM MDT

Oh yeah, she got her license anyway.
    Her dad bought a new car every year, so had no problem paying cash to the owners for the repairs.
    He told her he did that rather than buy her a new car when she got her license.  LOL
      June 11, 2020 7:38 AM MDT

Too funny...not really but you know what I mean. Not funny haha funny peculiar that he was so cool paying cash to owners for repairs. Goes with the territory I guess. You know those drivers who cut right in front of you without signaling as if they are completely oblivious to your even being there? I wonder how often they get away with it and how often they cause an accident? Driving defensively 24/7 is the only way to fly. Forget looking at the scenery. Glance in your rear view mirror your side mirrors and through the windshield as you drive as you drive so you can figure out what is gaining on you that is careening out of control. Not for the faint of heart! Thank you for your reply Walt! :) Wait a minit. I just remembered something. My kid was sixteen(he's 54 now) and got in his first accident. I did not want to go through the insurance company to give him a blot on his record so I PAID the cost. No injury or anything but I shelled out $1600! Mea Culpa. I guess that's what parents do. This post was edited by RosieG at June 11, 2020 8:03 AM MDT
      June 11, 2020 7:53 AM MDT

The riots are/were out of control.  Trump is not in charge of controling the rioters. That falls to local and state leaders. 

Trump did offer and even demand to help. 
      June 8, 2020 6:40 PM MDT

Come on, Rosie. It's not that bewildering unless you're going through life with blinders on. There obviously is a subset of people who approve of Trump and think the country is out of control. Anyone should be able to grasp that.
      June 11, 2020 8:32 AM MDT