Active Now

Malizz
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have you received any auto insurance "refund" checks yet? Two months in a row we received a check for $11 plus change. WHY?

Have you received any auto insurance "refund" checks yet? Two months in a row we received a check for $11 plus change. WHY?

Because we use our car less I guess. I have no idea what kind of formula they use to figure out how much less though. Do you?

Anyway I guess that's more "free" money? Any other "free" money you've received to try to "make up for" all the loses you are experiencing?

Posted - June 9, 2020

Responses

I did not recieve a check...but my insurance company did apply a discount to the amount they normally deduct from my account.   

It is because of the shutdown. People are not driving as much so not as many accidents. The insurance companies are issuimg discounts. I believe most are doing at least 2 months of discounted premiums. I think they are doing a percentage of the monthly premium.  I got roughly $40 off my $160 month bill. ( 25%) This post was edited by my2cents at June 9, 2020 3:18 PM MDT
      June 9, 2020 5:06 AM MDT

Wow. You must have more than one vehicle and drive a lot more than we do. Which makes sense. You own a business and we're retired. But it's kinda nice that they recognize it and refunded anything. Did they do that of their own accord or were they ORDERED to do so by whatever group is in charge of insurance companies? Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth I'm gonna stop right here. Thank you for your reply m2c. I bet it wasn't hard for you to accept that credit to your account was it? Us too! :)
      June 9, 2020 2:45 PM MDT

I certainly did not mind the discount.
    We have 4 vehicles on the policy.  I need to take one off (an old mini van that we were keeping about as a loaner).  We do not drive it at all.  But yes truck for work, minivan, and my son's jeep. 

I believe one started it and the others followed suit.  It makes for a good.....we are there for you commercial. 
      June 9, 2020 2:51 PM MDT

Well whoever broke the ice THANK YOU! I mean two $11 plus change checks will not make us rich but it is kinda nice to get. Know what we did with it? Well today was Walmart day and usually when we shop and do errands I don't cook so we take "takeout". Today we got a very LARGE Philly cheeseteak sub from jersey mike's. They are HUGE. We cut in 4 sections and get a minimum of two meals EACH out of it. Today I ate half of my 1/4 so I have a nibble section too. plus another 1/4. It was like $15 so we have money left over and more eating in the fridge! The meat is really LEAN and they are very generous with it. I just served raw carrots with it and a side dish of KIMCHI. That is the fermented Korean cabbage that is very spicy and so good. Later toots! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 9, 2020 3:08 PM MDT
      June 9, 2020 3:00 PM MDT

Glad you had a good lunch. :)
      June 9, 2020 3:08 PM MDT

I do not own a car or carry insurance.
      June 9, 2020 3:19 PM MDT