Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Apparently Brandy like Honey has an INFINITE shelf life. Anything else like that?

Apparently Brandy like Honey has an INFINITE shelf life. Anything else like that?

Posted - June 11, 2020

Responses

My fossil collection. Most are already 350-400 million years old.
      June 11, 2020 11:49 AM MDT

TOUCHE! You have a fossil collection for true? How come all these years and you never said a word? Are there specimens in amber among them? Or is this just a joke to misdirect me? Thank you for your reply. If not a joke then I'm gonna have a buncha questions for you like "do you have a climate controlled room to house them"?
      June 11, 2020 12:10 PM MDT

I have mentioned them on the main site before. They are mostly minor fossils of small sea creature like brachiopods and sea coral. I have a nice one of an ancient clam and a tube sponge. Also a fish in sandstone my son bought for me. They don't need any special storage. I found many of them in rock quarry tailings and a few that were in storage at one of the schools I taught at. My prize one was an eight inch fossilized tree branch part with some opalization. I found it in a limestone wall in a park built during WPA. I had it verified by our university geology professor. He had never seen anything like it. I donated it to the school. Honestly, though, I have given most of them to my grandchildren.
      June 11, 2020 1:03 PM MDT