Active Now

Zack
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » There have been COUNTLESS protests, peaceful and otherwise, over time. How many of them ever changed anything? Will this one?

There have been COUNTLESS protests, peaceful and otherwise, over time. How many of them ever changed anything? Will this one?

Posted - June 12, 2020

Responses

Well, the Martin Luther King protests eventually resulted in the Civil Rights legislation.  I'm not sure anything else of major consequence occurred after that.  I suspect that George Floyd's murder may possibly result in changes in policing policies, but I'm guessing we will have to wait and see.
      June 12, 2020 9:38 AM MDT

I sincerely hope this time it takes. I cannot imagine a more horrendous way to die on camera with every angle with audio that everyone saw all almost 9 minutes of. But if there is a more terrible way I'm sure cops have already engaged in it and got away with it. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 13, 2020 6:01 AM MDT
      June 13, 2020 3:59 AM MDT

Fingers crossed.  Happy Saturday. :)
      June 13, 2020 5:51 AM MDT

((hugs)) :):):)
      June 13, 2020 6:00 AM MDT

MLK protests

Stopping of amnesty that W Bush was going to pass while he was in office.  Stop by the massive outpouring of opposition through fax, calls etc by citizens of the US organized by NumbersUSA and other groups. 

NRA has been very successful in protecting our 2nd amendment rights. 

Pro-Life movement also been making great progress in protecting the rights to life of the most defenseless in our country, the unborn baby. 

I am sure there are more...but that is what I have for now.
      June 12, 2020 10:58 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply. I know how essential your second amendment rights are to thee m2c. I am so very happy you have that to cling to futurely. I am. Really I am. This post was edited by RosieG at June 13, 2020 6:21 AM MDT
      June 13, 2020 3:59 AM MDT

Just call me a 'bitter clinger....clinging to my guns and religion'....
      June 13, 2020 6:21 AM MDT

Some do change things, some do not.  People resist change (case In point: the current virus).  Once the anger cools, things tend to go back to “situation normal”.

June 12, 2020 11:24 AM MDT

With bunker boy "in charge" and his legion of lemmings servicing obeying his every whim this will be our new lives from now on. We will never rid ourselves of COVID 19. Bunker boy will see to that. His lemmings will accede to every demand he makes. Can you imagine that they will sign waivers absolving him of any liability if they get COVID 19 virus at a rally? No kidding. That is what they have to do to get in. Add to that he will insist on no masking or social distancing and the lemmings will agree with that as they begin to drop like flies. Will that dissuade them? Are you kidding? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. They are willing to die to service him and obey him and roll over for him and defend him and support him and and and and and. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      June 13, 2020 4:03 AM MDT