Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is the job you have the one you always wanted or did you just "fall into it"? If it is your dream job is it what you thought it would be?

Is the job you have the one you always wanted or did you just "fall into it"? If it is your dream job is it what you thought it would be?

Why I ask is I started out as a "secretary". Later on they fancied up the title and called it "administsrative assistant". But I ended up retiring as an Internal Auditor. No one was more surprised about that than I was.
Over the years I was drawn to numbers and took classes and and had very good mentors. I LOVED it but in school math was the last thing I expected to be involved with in any way. Now it was never higher math..you know the kind that was required to get astronauts to the moon and back. What I loved about it was it was always a puzzle that was a bit off....didn't look right. So you took it apart examined every piece to see what the problem and then put it back together. It's the examining the pieces to see what isn't quite right and figuring out why that really pulled me in. Who knew?

So was it the same with you? What you do now and hopefully enjoy was the last thing you ever expected to do to earn a living? Life is full of surprises isn't it?

Posted - June 18, 2020

Responses