Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't know verbatim the oath cops take. But d'ya know in reality what they are really oathing?

I don't know verbatim the oath cops take. But d'ya know in reality what they are really oathing?

"Above all else I will protect my a** and the a**es of my co-cops and the rest of you are on your own all alone."

There ya. Being able to read between the lines is helpful. If you aren't then being able to connect all the actions of all the cops who have murdered others and the cops who supported them. All ya gotta do is PAY ATTENTION .

Posted - June 20, 2020

Responses

The NYPD Oath of office is

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the constitution of the United States, and the constitution of the State of New York, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of (the New York City Police Department), according to the best of my ability.”
      June 20, 2020 11:23 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply L. No comment on my interpretation of what they really mean? :(
      June 20, 2020 11:29 AM MDT

Perhaps I'm being naive, but I don't believe that most police officers are bad guys.  You rarely read about all of the good things they do - only the bad things.  They are the line that keeps the really bad people from committing even more crimes.  Since the cessation of stop & frisk, crime has steadily increased in NYC.  understand all of the reasons why this practice was ill-conceived, but the fact that because it stopped, there are ever more guns on the streets of this city.  
      June 20, 2020 2:20 PM MDT

As I've said on Answermug my experience with the police has always been good. But unless truthful records of all cops are reviewed we can't know who is good and who is bad. Unfortunately bad cops kill/murder and walk. Cops stick together and don't fink on one another. A couple of days ago there was a BLUE FLU in protest of the cops that are charged with murder. These bleeding heart cops called in sick in protest. How many of them are like that? I would venture to say most cops are like that. They are loathe to go against one another. They are loathe to stand up for the rights of the people they are supposed to serve and protect. They might not commit crimes against us but mostly they stick together support one another remain silent. I think those cops are BAD cops even if their records are exemplary personally. Just my take on it L. Can't help it. Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll ask.
      June 21, 2020 2:41 AM MDT

You are certainly entitled to think however you want and, as always, we can agree to disagree. :)  Tell Jim I wish him a Happy Father's Day. :)
      June 21, 2020 5:19 AM MDT

Thank you L. I shall! :)
      June 21, 2020 10:41 AM MDT