Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you see what I see or something else entirely? Do we see the same thing but the meaning is exactly the opposite?

Do you see what I see or something else entirely? Do we see the same thing but the meaning is exactly the opposite?

NOW WHAT? The "what" is I'm shocked beyond belief.

Just read that the statue of Teddy Roosevelt in the American Museum of Natural History is being removed. The why? It is flanked by a Native American Man and an African American man. Teddy is on top of the horse. The men are standing on the ground on either side.

Honestly I saw it for the first time on the net just now and I think it is beautiful. So of course I had to find out WHY it was going to be removed. Here's why.

It represents to those who support its removal Colonial expansion and racial division.
It shows the "white man on top" and the men of color standing beneath him.

It does? It means all of that? I didn't see any of that or know any of that. I guess ignorance has a very big price. You don't understand what you are looking at if you are ignorant about the circumstances and what is being represented.

That makes we wonder what else I see as beautiful that I don't understand? Scary.

Posted - June 22, 2020

Responses