Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Trump opens door to another round of stimulus checks, direct deposits and said the amount will be generous." READY FOR THAT?

"Trump opens door to another round of stimulus checks, direct deposits and said the amount will be generous." READY FOR THAT?

Why should I mind if the trump wants to give us money? I don't know if "generous" means more than we got before or the same. I won't complain.  I did ask why retirees got it the first time but I'm not gonna ask again. All donations are gratefully accepted. Period.

Now what is my idea of generous? Well $10,000 instead of $1200. Not greedy. I could have said $100,000.

What is your idea of "generous"?

Posted - June 23, 2020

Responses

It is to stimulate the economy.  The amount is talking about being increased over last round....I do not remember the number.  
      June 23, 2020 8:14 AM MDT

I'd like $10,000.
    Really whatever it is, is going to help pay down my credit card debt.
      June 23, 2020 10:59 AM MDT

I think it bodes well for we the people..the "little" people. $10,000 would suit us just fine...EACH of course. EACH OF US natcherly. Jim gets his $10K and I get my $10K.

Thank you for your reply Walt! Think the trump will come through or is this just more bullsh**? I guess we'll know one way or t'other! :)
      June 23, 2020 1:26 PM MDT

I’d consider $1 million to be very generous (but I don’t want to be greedy). 

Frankly, right now I’d take any amount.  Having $0 income sucks!!

The big question is, will it help stimulate the economy.  Many people owe so much in back rent now that whatever they get won’t even make a dent.   From the way he’s responding to the virus (get rid of masks) and the way people are responding to it (crowding together), things may have to be shut down again, screwing the economy further.  

Of course, when trump says “very generous”, he means generous only for the rich (like with his “generous” tax cut).  The rest of us get stuck with the bill.

June 23, 2020 2:58 PM MDT