Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I know polls can be faked or mistaken. Know what can't? The number of people who attend an ego rally. The numbers please?

I know polls can be faked or mistaken. Know what can't? The number of people who attend an ego rally. The numbers please?

ONE million were expected and hoped for. A one million person march after the rally was dreamed of as well.
One hundred thousand were being prepared for including the huge space for the overflow crowd and the stage built where the trump and the pence would stand when speaking outside to the throngs of overflow. Except that
6200 showed up inside where 19,000 seats were. So of course there could be no overflow.

It was apparent before the trump showed up there would be no overflow. So the stage was torn down and everything disappeared because the expected crowd did not show up and they didn't want the trump to be reminded of that. But of course once he saw the thousands of empty blue seats inside he popped a gut.

The tulsa rally will forever be brought up in pictures and videos and magazines and books and TV shows and in the culture it will be part of the history of political miscalculations.

Remember the press headline "DEWEY WINS!" When in actuality it was Truman who won? That paper will never live that down.

So too will the trump legacy include the tulsa rally. Every detail will be recounted again and again and again. His fury at his staff will be too. Puzzling that is because it is his base who did not sho up who are the bad guys here. His staff did its best but it could not drag people in bodily. I suppose they could have held guns to people's heads and threatened them but well they didn't know it would be a problem. They do now. Rolling forward futurely will the trump ego rallies be force-filled or will he hold his rallies in more intimate rooms?

Posted - June 27, 2020

Responses