Active Now

Malizz
Just Asking
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I was a loner in school. Not by choice but by circumstance. Were you a loner too? Ever wonder whom you'd be if you were popular?

I was a loner in school. Not by choice but by circumstance. Were you a loner too? Ever wonder whom you'd be if you were popular?

Posted - June 30, 2020

Responses

Not really. I was an actor and could fit in with most groups. Not the jocks.
      June 30, 2020 8:38 AM MDT

You were? I was in our high school acting class for two years...11th and 12th grade. The teach I had for radio arts asked me to switch ckasses and join her drama group. I will never know why. I didn't ask and she didn't say. I enjoyed it. It was fun. And as adult years later I joined a little theater acting group in Hollywood. Monday nights and Friday nights. Why? My then best friend was an actress and it was a chance to spend a little time together. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      June 30, 2020 8:43 AM MDT

When I say actor, I mean my ability to change roles to fit in to most groups. I could be a nerd, an intellectual, a punk, a rebel, a wise guy etc. That helped when I was training recruits in the Navy and teaching.
      June 30, 2020 8:57 AM MDT

I too was a loner.  I want to say that had I been popular, I would have had more self-esteem.  With more self-esteem, I would have had a better chance of finding a wife (or at least some friends). 

On the other hand, if I hadn’t been a loner, I probably would have focused more on my friends/girlfriends and not on school.   Therefore I probably wouldn’t have finished college, or even gone at all. 

June 30, 2020 11:33 AM MDT