Active Now

Just Asking
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The computer tells me I'm getting low on memory and to shut down some programs. How do I delete programs I don't use/want SAFELY?

The computer tells me I'm getting low on memory and to shut down some programs. How do I delete programs I don't use/want SAFELY?

Posted - June 30, 2020

Responses

I'd say either ask a relative to help you, or take it to a computer shop you trust.
    I wouldn't trust anybody on the internet on this ... you might accidentally (or with bad advice) delete something you need/want.
      June 30, 2020 7:54 AM MDT

I just emailed a friend who is very computer savvy on whom I have relied for years for computer stuff. He used to live in California, then Hawaii and for the past few years he's lived in Arizona! So thanks for the suggestion Walt. Also Jim's very good friend Alan is very computer savvy. I checked a bit and I see I have uninstall choices. That delete does not remove completely supposedly. I have to uninstall. So I'll wait for the help. It's times like this I wish I were more computer savvy! Doin' okay today I hope? Thank you for your reply and Happy to Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      June 30, 2020 8:31 AM MDT

Low on memory?  If you're using a computer (not a phone) you probably have too many programs running at the same time.  Close some open programs (not delete them).  If you’re on a phone, try dismissing them (swipe up).
    Deleting programs will not affect memory on a computer.  Hard drive space, yes, but not memory.

This post was edited by Shuhak at June 30, 2020 12:29 PM MDT
      June 30, 2020 11:15 AM MDT