Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » NFL viewership ratings have gone into free-fall. Maybe it was a bad idea for certain players to get political?

NFL viewership ratings have gone into free-fall. Maybe it was a bad idea for certain players to get political?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brandonkatz/2016/10/03/nfls-sunday-night-football-ratings-in-freefall-league-nervous/#436a838d58a4

Posted - October 5, 2016

Responses

Funny how it's all okay beating up your girlfriends, wives and kids... The heck, even killing and DUI... Not to mention doping and head injuries (or could the latter also have something to say?)... But making a political standpoint, making use of your rights as a citizen is a no go... Smh.

Now let's not forget the second part of that article, shall we?!

Another factor in declining viewership is the increasing turn to digital streaming. NBC Sports chairman Mark Lazarus sees that as the biggest opponent to the standard model.

“We’re on a different growth trajectory,” Lazarus told Variety in September. “But on the whole, we’re all susceptible to that same cord cutting, cord shaving, skinny bundle world. And I think that puts significant downward pressure on all of the video businesses, not just sports.

“I think it’s going to be about how we keep score [in the future]. I think you’re going to have as many people watching. They’re just going to be watching in various ways.”

There you go... Now it's part of the telling too. Have a lovely day with delivering YOUR truth! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 5, 2016 6:05 AM MDT
      October 5, 2016 6:02 AM MDT