Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of Broadway actor Nick Cordero? AT age 41 after fighting it for 90 days he died of COVID 19. Know what else?

Ever hear of Broadway actor Nick Cordero? AT age 41 after fighting it for 90 days he died of COVID 19. Know what else?

He was put in a medically induced coma and his leg was amputated due to complications of the disease.

This is not remotely like the flu. Anyone who says it is is CUCKOO.

Posted - July 6, 2020

Responses

I felt really bad when I heard this.  I had no idea who he was, but just the fact that he held on for so long was amazing.  His wife said that there were at least four times when the doctors told her he wouldn't pull through, yet he did.  Then, I guess it was too overwhelming and he lost the fight.  Left his wife and a year old baby.  How sad.
      July 6, 2020 12:13 PM MDT

Only 41 L. So now deaths are coming to all ages. I'm sure the Broadway theater crowd knew of him. The name sounded vaguely familiar so maybe once upon a time a read a review. But anyway RIP to those dead and who will die. We've only just begun to surge and spike again. This time even worse? Buckle up. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!:)
      July 7, 2020 2:43 AM MDT

It's hitting people of younger ages now because we old fogies are smart enough to take sensible precautions.  It will definitely be a bumpy ride.  Happy Tuesday. :)
      July 7, 2020 5:57 AM MDT

Yes. All age groups are getting ill and dying. True democracy in action. Long may it wave. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 7, 2020 6:21 AM MDT

Never heard of him.
      July 6, 2020 12:14 PM MDT

I hadn't either Zack. Anyway to all who are dead or will be from the virus RIP. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      July 7, 2020 2:44 AM MDT

Until the press made a big deal of him, I never heard of him. Why do they think anyone really cares about him any more than anyone else.
      July 6, 2020 12:30 PM MDT

You really don't know do you? Say you are a huge baseball fan during the time of BABE RUTH. He dies. Or you are a huge John Steinbeck fan and he dies. Or you really like your governor even though he is a Republican and he dies. Would you not want to know about it? You see there are various enclaves or groups of people with particular interests in the arts or literature or movies or sports or politics or whatever. Certain standouts among them develop a following. The BEATLES had a huge following. So did/does Elvis Presley. It's difficult to think that some folks might never have heard of them. When JFK was assassinated that was news. The country mourned. Some Republicans were thrilled but most of us mourned. I don't know if you are fan of anyone in particular E. If you are I wonder whether you'd like to know of his/her passing? We say "all lives matter" but of course that is bullsh**. The lives that matter to you can't be the same as those that matter to me because I don't them or of them and vicey versey. Joe Blow or Jane Doe or Fred Roe. Who are they? I don't know and you don't know so when they die it matters not. I know I'm rambling. It's just that it was a shock to hear that question come from you. Thank you for your reply. I tried to give you some context but I believe I failed. Happy Tuesday. The very fact of having to explain why to you is unsettling. This post was edited by RosieG at July 7, 2020 2:53 AM MDT
      July 7, 2020 2:51 AM MDT

How can you compare a Broadway actor (of which I can name none) with Babe Ruth or JFK or John Steinbeck?
      July 7, 2020 5:55 AM MDT