Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » OH DEAR! Forewarned is supposed to make us forearmed. So we can prepare. Ever hear of the book THE COMING PLAGUE?

OH DEAR! Forewarned is supposed to make us forearmed. So we can prepare. Ever hear of the book THE COMING PLAGUE?

I never have and thanks to an Answermug friend I know about it now.

Did you know the book was written in 1994! 26 years ago!

Did you know it PREDICTED pandemics way back then?

So why having been FORWARNED for a few decades plus were we not forearmed/prepared?

Prior US administrations had plans made preparations had guidelines and meetings about it but the current gubment saw fit to get rid of all of it. Shut down all programs. Eliminate any meetings. Ignore what they couldn't see in front of them. Not interested.

Well that really cuts it doesn't it? We could have been FAR BETTER PREPARED except the powers that be took none of it seriously.

So much for that old saw

WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER YOU DO BETTER! YEAH. RIGHT!

Unless you don't won't refuse.

Posted - July 6, 2020

Responses

I read in the last couple years, an article stating that we should prepare for "extinction level" pandemics as viruses and bacteria frozen hundreds of thousands of years ago in the permafrost thaw out (due to global warming).  Because they were frozen before mankind evolved, we have no defense against them.  Kinda like how the indigenous peoples didn't have a natural defense to European diseases.
      July 6, 2020 1:04 PM MDT

How can life exist being frozen and then when defrosted be ALIVE? How is that even possible Walt? Goodness gracious golly miss molly. "Extinction level" sounds ominously final. Is that how we will go then as a species? Not human attacking one another but a virus a bacteria (bacterium?) that was alive, froze, thawed and comes out alive? Doesn't that boggle your mind? I wonder if it all comes to be how much longer we have to live? Something else to worry about as if we didn't have enough? Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      July 7, 2020 3:51 AM MDT

I love how optimistic you always seem, Rosie!
      July 6, 2020 1:44 PM MDT

I love how kind, considerate and non-judgmental you always seem to be sb. I always know what to expect when I see your moniker. Never sarcastic never snide never insulting. Never condescending supercilious pretentious arrogant. Never any of those unsavory things. Never never ever ever. Quoth the raven. This post was edited by RosieG at July 7, 2020 5:25 AM MDT
      July 7, 2020 3:47 AM MDT

Thank you!
      July 7, 2020 5:25 AM MDT