Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Man loses his life to the virus he mocked". How many more like him are there out there? Millions?

"Man loses his life to the virus he mocked". How many more like him are there out there? Millions?

Posted - July 14, 2020

Responses

Yes, unfortunately. :(
      July 14, 2020 10:29 AM MDT

Well I can't say I'm sorry for them. They could have done the right thing. They could have been part of the solution not the problem. But they chose their path to mix a metaphor they can lie in it. I simply don't care about those who mocked ridiculed lied denied and still do. I don't. Whatever happens to them they brought on themselves. I have no truck with that all. What I do find despoicable is they are taking so many of us with them. That I cannot ever forgive. Murderers all of them...or potential and that is good enough for me to despise. Thank you for your reply righty. California is locked down again tight as a drum. We were once upon a time a symbol of sensible. But as my friend Spunky said (a New Yorker) "he can't control what everyone does". True. Our governor can't. We begin again only further behind? I don't know. It's been since mid-March this way of life so I guess it's the new normal. No one asked me for my input. Taxation without representation sucks at any level. We need another Boston Tea Party.  Masked and Social Distanced of course! :) Your two-word reply and here I am with a Tsunami. Apologies righty! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 15, 2020 12:29 PM MDT
      July 14, 2020 12:10 PM MDT

Darwin award winners en masse. They won't be able to infect others.

The Darwin Awards are a tongue-in-cheek honour, originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions around 1985. They recognise individuals who have supposedly contributed to human evolution by selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterility by their own actions.
      July 14, 2020 3:44 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and INFORMATIVE reply E. I have never heard of it! What a nifty award! Good lord could we ever hope to make it a yearly LEGAL Country-Wide Celebration? The winner is announced on the same day each year and we all celebrate the demise of so worthy of it? A thought to ponder on. What could it hurt? Isn't there a Mark Twain award for the biggest lie someone can concoct? I definitely think we don't award enough. Like an award for the MOST DESPICABLE THING SAID during the year? Or the MOST DESPICABLE THING someone did? Or the MOST DESPICABLE PERSON OF THE YEAR? Know what? I'm going to go with that. Here's we go! :)
      July 15, 2020 5:15 AM MDT

I'm happy to read your "tsunami", Rosie. It's what this site is here for, and it's what I'm here for. :)

Mask wearing is a novel phenomenon in the states. It's absolutely ridiculous that wearing one, or not wearing one has become a political divide...it absolutely shouldn't be. It may be the cheapest way to slow the spread of the virus if done by all.
      July 15, 2020 12:37 PM MDT

Well the powers that be is desperate to politicize everything...even a life-saving mask. He will continue to do that because desperation is all he has. Thank you for being so kind m'dear. You're here to have fun and enjoy yourself and so if my wordy reply didn't dissuade you then you are indeed a very good human being. Things still going okey dokey for you and yours? I mean I know they were but it seems everything and anything can change on a dime these days. Fingers crossed we're all here tomorrow. I just laughed but it was a nervous laugh! Happy Wednesday to thee and thing righty! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 16, 2020 11:57 AM MDT
      July 15, 2020 1:02 PM MDT

Yeah, we're doing great. Thanks for asking! :)

Happy Thursday, Rosie! :)
      July 16, 2020 11:58 AM MDT

You're welcome m'dear! Great sounds great to me! Keep it up! Thank you for the Happy Thursday and for your reply righty! Happy Friday. Is it my imagination or are the days whizzing by faster and faster? It's weird! :)
      July 17, 2020 5:12 AM MDT