Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Only in America. The son of itch mitch demands LIABILITY PROTECTION for every business that causes employees to get the virus. Outrageous?

Only in America. The son of itch mitch demands LIABILITY PROTECTION for every business that causes employees to get the virus. Outrageous?

Posted - July 20, 2020

Responses

Every business?  No, I don't favor that.

Every "essential" business?  You bet.

I mean ... people already rightfully complain that healthcare in the US is too expensive.
    Part of the reason for that is the cost of liability/malpractice insurance.
    I can only imagine how expensive the liability insurance would be, if hospitals were taking that "hit".

Without such protection, I believe we will see more hospitals close rather than risk being sued by employees who got COVID from patients.
    There has already been one rural hospital in Oregon that did just that.

An even worst scenario is the riots due to grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants closing.
    No food or fuel available, would quickly lead to riots as people attempted to get and hoard what remained.

July 20, 2020 12:50 PM MDT

I know the worst is yet to come Walt. I feel very bad and very frightened about what is going on in Portland, Oregon. It will spread like the virus to every city and every state if the trump has his way. He has no one to stop him. They are all terrified of him. Wimps were elected and that is the result. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 21, 2020 3:56 AM MDT

I wouldn't be surprised if Portland tries to pass an ordinance ejecting all federal law enforcement.

They already refuse to cooperate with the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force - because Portland authorities view Tre Arrow as an environmental hero rather than an envir-terrorist.

They also passed ordinances forbidding their agencies, especially police, from informing ICE when they have an "undocumented worker" in custody - and banned ICE from "loitering" outside courtrooms to apprehend such people.
      July 21, 2020 7:15 AM MDT

If they do that what makes you think trump won't order his gestapo in and lock down the city? The guy is a certified crackpot wackadoodlenoodle who gets away with every inane insane thing he wants to do. Really and seriously Walt. If the trump decides he wants something when has he not gotten it? Are you very close to Portland or far enough away to not get pulled in? Very scary. Thank you for your reply! FINGERS CROSSED things don't blow up there! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 21, 2020 7:20 AM MDT
      July 21, 2020 7:19 AM MDT