Active Now

Malizz
DannyPetti
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Apologies. Apparently there are specific protocols/words we must use to be taken seriously. If we fail at that the apology is worthless?

Apologies. Apparently there are specific protocols/words we must use to be taken seriously. If we fail at that the apology is worthless?

I just spent 15 minutes or so listening to a someone on TV tell us why apologies can really be insults unless the magic words are used. There is apparently a very bad way to apologize. No matter how sincere we are we will fail unless we know what is expected vis a vis presentation and vocabulary. I am not talking about a forced insincere mea culpa. I am talking about the deadly true serious "I'm really sorry" because you really are.

SIGH.

You know what? Some folks are never satisfied. They will never be satisfied. There will always be flaws in everything all the time and so what you may do sincerely wholeheatedly is for naught. They won't buy it. You didn't say the magic phrase. How disheartening is that?

Ever tell someone the absolute 100% truth and he/she refused to believe it? Where do you go from there? What's the point? Why bother? Let people think what they think. They do anyway so don't fight it. Just throw in the towel and don't waste your time.

The way of the world. The way some people are wired. Fix it! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! AS IF!

Posted - July 22, 2020

Responses