Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Much has been made about the cognitive test Trump claims he "aced." How much do you know about that test?

Much has been made about the cognitive test Trump claims he "aced." How much do you know about that test?

Having two parents who were diagnosed with dementia, I was interested to find out more about this cognitive test.  MarketWatch had a very interesting article on it recently and I learned some things I didn't know about it.  

For one thing, it's supposed to be an easy test because it's meant to indicate the possible beginning of cognitive decline, not the end.  The exam should not be difficult for someone who is not cognitively impaired.  One doctor said that Trump's crowing about passing the test is like saying he successfully tied his shoes that morning.  By the way, that test was given to him in early 2018, so the results, if given today, could be different.  Also, it is not an IQ test.  A normal score is 27 out of 30.  

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-doctor-behind-a-cognitive-test-trump-took-says-its-supposed-to-be-easy-for-people-with-no-cognitive-impairment-2020-07-20

Posted - July 24, 2020

Responses