Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Words can be so very touching sweet and true. "Brothers from another mother". Ever feel so close to a friend you WERE sisters or brothers?

Words can be so very touching sweet and true. "Brothers from another mother". Ever feel so close to a friend you WERE sisters or brothers?

Mrs. Elijah Cummings who husband died last year was interviewed and spoke about her husband and John Lewis sometimes being mistaken for one another and neither of them minded at all. They just said they were borthers from another monther. It's humorous and sweet and touching and well have YOU been there? Not necessarily mistaken for someone so close in views and feelings and the way you expressed yourselves that it felt like you were related by birth? I can't think of a higher compliment anyone can ever give anyone than that. Can you?

Posted - July 27, 2020

Responses

Yes.  My best friend and I met when we were 11 years old - almost 64 years ago.  In some ways, she is closer to me than my sisters and I can't imagine a time when she wouldn't be in my life.  
      July 27, 2020 11:07 AM MDT

So you have LIVED exactly what I mean. I think it's wonderful and also eery! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 27, 2020 11:16 AM MDT

Yes, I have and I am still living that. :)
      July 27, 2020 12:07 PM MDT

May the force be with you L! :) What's her name if you don't mind my asking?
      July 28, 2020 4:17 AM MDT

Ramona.
      July 28, 2020 9:40 AM MDT

Oh my goodness we have a RAMONA pageant here. And the man she loved ALESSANDRO. Well we used to and I believe there is a RAMONA bowl where they'd hold it. Lovely name. Thank you for the info L!  Howya doin' this morning, July 30? :)
      July 30, 2020 6:07 AM MDT

Interesting piece of trivia - thanks.  I'm hanging in this morning.  Still trying to deal with this sciatica.  I need to get an x-ray of my back done to make sure it's just sciatica and not a compression fracture or something else.  I ca't believe it's almost August already!
      July 30, 2020 6:46 AM MDT

Oh geez a COMPRESSION FRACTURE? I sure hope not. This you need like a car wreck. But if it is and you do where can you go that is SAFE? We don't do anything that was routine. I got a note from Kaiser that my twice a year appointment with a podiatrist is overdue and I should call them for an appoinment. I'm afraid to go into any waiting room for anything routine. We have gone to Kaiser to pick up prescriptions. They don't let you in without a mask and they take your temperate with one of those things they just point at you and they ask why you are there before you are allowed to step foot inside. It was okay because few people were there but everyone was masked and properly distanced. We have to do that of course. But elsewise we just aren't and I hope we won't pay for that. Routine cleaning at the dentist. Jim sees a dermatologist twice a year routinely. Which is worse? I dunno. Do you? Anyway good luck with that. Hope it isn't a fracture! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 3, 2020 4:39 AM MDT
      August 3, 2020 4:37 AM MDT

No fracture so this is plain old sciatica.  Bot the doc's office and the radiology lab had only four or five people in the waiting rooms.  They take temp and you need to be masked, so I was OK with it.  I think that if Jim sees a dermatologist twice a year, maybe he should keep those appointments.  It doesn't take long for something minor to turn into something major in a short time and he's out in the sun for golf and tennis, but you know yourselves well enough to know what you need to do.  :) This post was edited by SpunkySenior at August 3, 2020 9:42 AM MDT
      August 3, 2020 9:34 AM MDT

So no fracture? Good. You're right about Jim. I guess we'll call and set up an appointment for a routine checkup. Thanks L! Glad you're "just" suffering the pain of sciatica and not something worse. :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 3, 2020 9:46 AM MDT
      August 3, 2020 9:44 AM MDT

I'm glad it isn't a fracture either, but this is week 2 of some serious pain.  The muscle relaxer gives me a really good night's sleep, but not any real relief during the day.  
      August 3, 2020 9:47 AM MDT

I wonder why it is lasting so long? Well at least you were checked out via xray for fractures. But might there be other stuff going on? Any bloodtests taken? Week 2 of SERIOUS pain is not a good thing. Silly me. You know that. At least you do get a good night's sleep which helps. Maybe it will "magically just disappear". Actually I've had sporadic pains from time to time not lasting long but sometimes they do and then I wake up one day and they're gone! Maybe when you wake up tomorrow yours will be too! One can always hope! :)
      August 3, 2020 9:57 AM MDT

Blood work was normal.  I have a follow-up appointment on the 19th, so we'll see what happens.
      August 3, 2020 10:38 AM MDT