Active Now

Pet Eater
WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you enjoy eating fish do you eat farm-raised or wild-caught? Why?

If you enjoy eating fish do you eat farm-raised or wild-caught? Why?

Posted - August 10, 2020

Responses

I will eat farm-raised catfish. It's clean. We can't (or shouldn't) eat the catfish from our river.
      August 10, 2020 11:15 AM MDT

Farm-raised fish are fed ground fish. Often "bottom" fish. That may lead them to have higher levels of lead. They are raised in comparatively stagnant water. Wild-caught live in water that is always being renewed. In rivers especially. We only eat wild-caught. Walmart has a store label tuna in a pouch that is wild-caught. That is the only tuna we eat. Could they be lying? Sure. But we hope they aren't. I have seen "wild-caught" more often these days because I think people are becoming more aware of potential dangers of the farm-raised kind. Of course stores lie about the type of fish they sell too. If they are willing to lie about that to charge you more then they could be lying about everything and anything all the time. :( Keep safe. Thank you for your reply E! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 11, 2020 5:37 AM MDT
      August 11, 2020 5:36 AM MDT