Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Please be calm when you reply if you do wish to reply. Why do you think the pols left D.C. without producing legislation for the jobless?

Please be calm when you reply if you do wish to reply. Why do you think the pols left D.C. without producing legislation for the jobless?

My understanding is that the $600/week unemployment pandemic money stopped dead July 31, 2020. Todayis August 15. The pols who fled D.C. will be back allegedly after Labor Day. Labor Day is September 7, 2020.

Meanwhile back at the ranch people line up for hours to get food for their families. Whether they are now homeless too I cannot say but I expect some of them are.

Why couldn't the pols DELAY their summer vacation long enough to enact additional legislation to help out thse folks? I know they work their a**es off 24/7 in service to their constituents and deserve a long long long vacation. Even so might they not have made an exception this one time?

So they return. They start negotiating again. Best case guess when would new legislation be passed and the money go out to those who need it? By the end of September best case? That would be TWO months without any money coming. How many of those left high and dry by the pols would still be alive? Just wondering.

Do you wonder too or is it not your problem? You got a roof over your head and full belly and no worries. No skin off your nose? Just wondering.

Posted - August 15, 2020

Responses