Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Mairzy dotes and dozey dotes and liddle lamsydivy. Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. Same thing. Which is cuter?

Mairzy dotes and dozey dotes and liddle lamsydivy. Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. Same thing. Which is cuter?

Posted - August 16, 2020

Responses

LOL!

My Grandad would sometimes sing the chorus for that song, and I have also heard recordings of it (I forget who sang it), and it was ages before I managed to make any sense of the words. In fact I think Grandad eventually spoke them for me.

Doesn't mean the song makes sense of course - the little lambs would not grow up to be sheep if they persisted in eating poisonous plants! 
      August 17, 2020 3:53 PM MDT

SAY WHAT Durdle? Ivy is poisonous? Goodness I didn't know that! I bet the person who wrote the lyrics also didn't know that. YIKES! I wonder what ivy tastes like? Not that I plan to try it. You know for a time awhile back some hi falutin' restaurants put FLOWERS in their salads. I'm not kidding. I never ate any so I don't know how luscious it was. I think nasturtiums? Ever eaten a flower? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 18, 2020 1:57 AM MDT