Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The pumpkinvirus is spreading on college campuses due to off-campus house parties by the students. ARE THEY REALLY ALL THAT STUPID?

The pumpkinvirus is spreading on college campuses due to off-campus house parties by the students. ARE THEY REALLY ALL THAT STUPID?

Posted - August 19, 2020

Responses

I think that most people of that age (early 20s) see themselves as indestructible.  (Not all of them, I’m sure.)  They’re finally free from the rules of mom and dad. No one can tell them what to or not to do.  Screw any “old fart” rules!  They make the rules now.  Finally, they can drink that long forbidden substance called alcohol (legally) and they’re going to do it forever.   They don’t have many responsibilities yet to tie them down (family, job), their bodies are young and sexy, so now’s the time to live it up and party hardy!   The world calls to them (just look how the media portrays people their age).  While they may think they know everything, they haven’t had a chance to develop any wisdom.    

In other words, yes, they are that stupid.

August 19, 2020 12:34 PM MDT

There is no way to force-feed sense reason logic or inject them? Their parents are hopelessly lost forever. A lost cause. Are they a lost cause too due to the "indestructibility" illusion or just plain indifference? I'm going ask about developing a vaccine against stupid. It will be the end of us if not contained. Thank you for your reply Shuhak!.
      August 20, 2020 3:32 AM MDT