Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per pumpkina** the market is the economy. Really? Seriously? What about the MILLIONS OF JOBS LOST and people unemployed?

Per pumpkina** the market is the economy. Really? Seriously? What about the MILLIONS OF JOBS LOST and people unemployed?

Ignore it because it doesn't apply to the "economy"?

I dunno. Doesn't compute  or track or make any sense to me.

So. Tell me please. WHAT IS THE ECONOMY? Of what does it consist? If joblessness is not included in figuring out how strong our economy truly is then where does it JOBLESSNESS fit pray tell?

Posted - August 19, 2020

Responses

I don’t really know, so I Googled your question and this is what came up –

“An economy is the large set of inter-related production and consumption activities that aid in determining how scarce resources are allocated. In an economy, the production and consumption of goods and services are used to fulfill the needs of those living and operating within it.” 

(there you go, clear as mud)

I guess what it’s saying is that the economy is the core and jobs are byproducts.  They both need each other to function.  Without an economy, there can be no jobs.    But unless there are jobs, the economy can’t sustain itself.

August 19, 2020 12:04 PM MDT

So it's all a necessary part. No jobs no worthwhile economy. If the marketz got hits one bazillion and 50  millions are out of work is that a strong economy" It is for the rich. I know. They're the only ones who matter! iT IS WHAT IT IS! Thank you for your reply and having Googled that Shuhak. That was very kind of you to do and share! :)
      August 21, 2020 12:25 PM MDT