Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you ALIVE because of something someone invented? A vaccine or antibiotic or chemotherapy? Staggering isn't it?

Are you ALIVE because of something someone invented? A vaccine or antibiotic or chemotherapy? Staggering isn't it?

Posted - August 23, 2020

Responses

I know for sure I am, and I’m sure that a vast majority of other people are as well. 

There are many life saving inventions - From a vaccine against a disease or ailment, to an ambulance that can get one to a hospital quickly.  From a surgical clamp to chemotherapy.

How about life jackets, seat belts, airbags, mammograms, pacemakers, dialysis machines, toilets (yes, toilets), tornado sirens, bike helmets, and fire sprinklers.  Inventions that enabled us to clean contaminated water, transfuse blood from one person to another, and pasteurize food.  Even the computer has enabled us to save lives. The list of life saving inventions is very long. 

August 23, 2020 9:10 AM MDT

Indeed. It's nice to be aware of it and be thankful/grateful for it. Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Shuhak! :)
      August 31, 2020 5:06 AM MDT