Active Now

Malizz
Just Asking
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do we currently have a way to "sweep the skies" to get rid of all the debris that might come crashing down to create another GRAND CANYON?

Do we currently have a way to "sweep the skies" to get rid of all the debris that might come crashing down to create another GRAND CANYON?

If we don't why don't we?

Posted - August 24, 2020

Responses

The Space closely around the Earth is certainly becoming cluttered with enough man-made satellites, with Elon Musk only the latest but putting hundreds of the things up there.

If anyone is working on ways to clear the stuff, I have not heard of it.

You certainly would not want any of these craft landing on a town, though in fact most burn up and disintegrate in the upper atmosphere, and anyway the seas covering two-thirds of the planet reduce the risk of a disastrous crash.

The Grand Canyon is an active river valley, so what fell from the skies to create that, and continue to develop it, are rain and snow.

+++

Our thoughts with your, hearing the News reports of the forest fires raging around San Francisco.
      August 24, 2020 3:51 PM MDT

Thank you Durdle. I appreciate that very much. I live in southern California where we are also experiencing fires and smoky skies. But nothing like our fellow Californians are suffering in northern California. Shuhak lives right the midst of it and I feel so terrible for him and those who live "up north". It is a most beautiful part of our state and the last I heard one one million acres in California have burned with no containment in sight. So I guess every place has its own potential for tragedy. All we need is THE BIG ONE to hit and I guess that's will take care of a lot of our woes. I mean if you're dead what does it matter if the president is vile evil monstrous dipstick? It doesn't. And the beat goes on! :)

This post was edited by RosieG at August 25, 2020 3:02 AM MDT
      August 25, 2020 2:58 AM MDT