Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "The color of your skin affects the value of your home". Comments or are you too enraged incensed furious to comment?

"The color of your skin affects the value of your home". Comments or are you too enraged incensed furious to comment?

Posted - August 30, 2020

Responses

That is simply not true. 

August 30, 2020 9:58 AM MDT

Not true. Numerous black families have moved into our neighborhood over the past few years and house values have not changed.
      August 30, 2020 5:38 PM MDT

Excellent m'dear. That was a comment I heard said on TV. Glad it isn't true in your neighborhood E. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine. Of course it may not be true in YOUR neighborhood but could well be true in many other neighborhoods! True? :)
      August 31, 2020 2:11 AM MDT

You are correct. My sister's house is worth about $10,000. Her husband is black and they live in 'da hood'.
      August 31, 2020 6:12 AM MDT

A home's value is based on the recent sale price of comparable homes in the same neighborhood.   No the color of the occupants skin. 
      August 31, 2020 6:22 AM MDT

the homes in her neighborhood are comparable to hers and 95% of the occupants are black. Drugs and violence are rampant. There was even a murder in front of her house.
      August 31, 2020 6:26 AM MDT

Hence the lower value. People are not willing to pay $100,000 to  live there. This post was edited by my2cents at August 31, 2020 10:12 AM MDT
      August 31, 2020 6:44 AM MDT

How a home's value is based on who owns it I shall never ever understand. A house is a house. It is neither enhanced nor detracted from by the owner except by how the owner handles it. A neat lawn. Painting it when needed. How the owner cares for the house matters. It is the care or lack thereof that should be the only measure of the owner. Same as how you "treat" your car. If it's loaded with junk all the time and never washed and looks like a slob owns it well then a slob owns it. I dunno E. I always knew there were extremely weird people in the world. What I didn't know is that there were so many and most of them lived in my country. That is a shock! Thank you for your reply. Is your brother-in-law a good guy? Does he love your sister and is she happy? I hope so but that's the only thing that should matter isn't it? SIGH. :(
      August 31, 2020 6:28 AM MDT