Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Do you have a dropbox program on your laptop?

Do you have a dropbox program on your laptop?

I do  and I can't figure out how to use it.  It won't let me download any files  from the internet.   Also there is no way to uninstall it.    Can anyone help me with it?

Posted - October 10, 2016

Responses

• "No, I don't." ... but looking it up online, I found this page that might help you ....  https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/65
      October 10, 2016 11:56 AM MDT

"Dropbox" is a cloud storage client.  You'd have to set up an account to use it.  As to why anyone would store their data on somebody else's machine, I can't say.  I damned sure wouldn't.

And if you can't delete the program, just delete the icon and all references to it using a shell tweaking application.  Consider it a part of the OS which is of no use to you and move on with your e-life. :-)
      October 10, 2016 1:02 PM MDT

I used to have it for work. One of my former clients had me upload all the content I wrote for him to DropBox folders, so they could be shared with his company easily. When I stopped working for him, I just used the standard Windows uninstall process to remove it from my laptop. Depending on what your system is running, you can usually pull up a screen that shows all your programs and gives you an uninstall option, but how to access it varies depending on what version of windows (or other os) you have.
      October 10, 2016 1:27 PM MDT

my laptop came with windows  10    Brand new laptop      
      October 10, 2016 1:32 PM MDT

1. Open the Start menu.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click System on the Settings menu.
    4. Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    5. Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    6. Click the Uninstall button that appears

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/uninstall-programs-windows-10
      October 10, 2016 4:00 PM MDT

doesn't work as  when  I clicked on  settings  another window opened   had somethings on that I don't understand
      October 10, 2016 4:49 PM MDT