Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » So, let's get this straight. The only way to connect with people on here is that little bell saying you have comments on the same post?

So, let's get this straight. The only way to connect with people on here is that little bell saying you have comments on the same post?

How do I keep track of the question?  I used to be able to talk to my friends and comment a few times back and forth.  Forget that idea.  

AND....I know this has been talked about a lot, but.....
  There are thousands of replies on my email now.  I can't get rid of them.    Every time someone comments on here I get all the replies on my email now?   I hear there is some way to dismantle that thing, but it has yet to dismantle from anything I've tried.

This is just a big mish-mosh now.  It was a lot easier before. But I don't see any "improvements" at all on this site except for a few ways to change the font, etc.   I cannot even post a picture on here. 

What is the big improvement besides the fact that no one can even  see anyone anymore? Is that an improvement?  If you don't want to personally call someone on here and chat one on one?  There does not seem to be much of a public chatroom any longer.

Where is it?

If I want to talk to someone one-on-one, I can just send them a personal message, I don't need to find them on the chat room feature.  That is for everyone to talk.  Now it is useless.

So there is a few clubs like there was before.  I guess you can video chat, but we had Skype anyway, what is the big difference in that? 

I don't see any blogs.   All I see is a ream of questions with no rhyme nor reason.  At LEAST give us a question page like the old home page or something where we can see who is who on here.   I like the pictures of the Muggers Online. That is helpful.  But the question format is just dizzying to me. 

Posted - October 10, 2016

Responses

If you want me to shut off your emails, I will do it for you. The options are in your settings.

You get notifications with the bell, but you can reply as much as you want, wherever you want. I'm not sure why you feel there is a cutoff.

I have no idea how to help you with the avatar anymore than I have. Did you watch the video I made for you? What error are you getting?

The chat is in the same bar the PMs are. Look all the way to the left on the bottom of the screen. There's a big button that says "Chatrooms."

Blogs are linked in the main menu and new ones appear in the activity feed. You can filter the feed if you want and just look at the blogs or go to the blog section to see whats new.

You can filter your feed to show just the questions as well. Or, click questions in the main menu.

Seriously, when are you free, Sharonna? I will meet you for coffee and show you how to use the features.

October 10, 2016 5:57 PM MDT

Just Asking.

I am HOPING that someone else can help me because I don't want to keep bugging you.  I know you are sincere, but there is no saving a picture to the computer and having it post as an avatar picture.

I tried it.  No dice.

I did not see the video you sent me.  I will try and locate it.

You are being very patient and I am being very not  so patient.

I will keep trying until I get it down.  The only recompense I can offer you is that once I DO get this down, I will answer anyone on here who asks, if I can assist them with this problem. 

What else can I do or say? 
      October 10, 2016 8:19 PM MDT

All our videos are in the video section and on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_am7zt56EILcbdS8SQ747g

If you check out the videos and are still stuck, let me know. With the exception of shutting off emails, I've done video tutorials to walk you through all the issues you're facing and most are about one minute long. You could solve all your Mug-related problems (and then some) by watching about 10 minutes of videos and following the instructions in them. 
      October 10, 2016 8:54 PM MDT

If you answer a question and want to be notified everytime there is activity on that question, be sure the box is checked next to the red "Post Reply" button when you answer or comment.  If you fail to so that you can always "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" to notification whenever anyone posts/answers/comments on a question.  You are in more control than old AM; over there you had no choice but to be subscribed for notifications of every activity on a question you answered.  The subscribe/unsubscribe toggle link is up there on the same line as "like" and "share" above the question.
      October 10, 2016 5:57 PM MDT

Your personal activity feed is available on your profile.  

JA has offered to meet with you, why not take her up on that?
      October 10, 2016 8:15 PM MDT

Well, she can do just that if she wants to meet with me on Saturday or Sunday and get a massage.  I am kind of busy right now. 

I am trying to do this in about 1/20th the time I normally spend on this site, so I know I am being a pain.   I'm trying to do my best to catch on, but there are a lot of glitches and I am not the only one experiencing them.

I would be happy to normally meet with JA.  I could have done it LAST year before school started but my schedule is really packed and she does not live close to me.  I don't have a half a day right now for this venture.

I would love to meet her after I graduate in March or around then.
      October 10, 2016 8:21 PM MDT

Okay...well if you want some help, Sharrona, I will give you my regular email and try to help you out.   
      October 10, 2016 8:47 PM MDT

Awesome sauce.

I'm sure we are friends, if not, I will friend you and you can just message me when it is convenient.

How's that?
      October 10, 2016 8:48 PM MDT

Sounds good.  We were friends on the old site, but haven't yet connected on here.
      October 10, 2016 8:54 PM MDT