Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I can only go by what I personally experience, observe or read. I cannot vouch for the truth of others. Only mine. You know what?

I can only go by what I personally experience, observe or read. I cannot vouch for the truth of others. Only mine. You know what?

I am a white woman and have never felt I was being unfairly treated because of that. Well once but my whiteness had zero to do with it.

When I got divorced I told Sears I wanted my credit in my name, that I was divorced. They gave me some cock and bull story that I could not have a credit on my own. I told them I would have my lawyer sue their a**es if they did that. That I EARNED more than my husband did so I could no reason why my marital status woulld be important to anyone. I got a letter and a phone call apologying and a credit card in my own name with a higer balance allowed. So much for standing up for yourself.

But that's the only. Now I cannot know if my experiences would be different if I were a black woman or a black man. I can only go what I hear those who are tell us what they experience. Just because someone is kind to me does not guarantee that someone will be kind to evernyone and maybe skin color will matter. I can never know that. Whatever.

Posted - September 8, 2020

Responses