Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We see women who drive trucks, fight fires, fly planes in the military, repair cars. Ever see a woman smoke a pipe? What's up with that?

We see women who drive trucks, fight fires, fly planes in the military, repair cars. Ever see a woman smoke a pipe? What's up with that?

Is there some sort of unwritten law/taboo that makes a woman avoid pipes? What about cigars? You see them smoking death sticks (cigarettes) all the time. So why not pipes? Why not cigars?.

Posted - September 9, 2020

Responses

I know a couple women who smoke cigars.
    They aren't regular smokers ... but do it a couple times a year, to remember the "aroma" of their dads who smoked cigars.

Maybe it's because cigars and pipes aren't as "petite" as cigarettes?
    Maybe because women, in general, tend to be cleaner - and cigars/pipes produce more ash that has to be dumped somewhere, and few women want to carry an ashtray in their purse?
      September 9, 2020 7:30 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Walt. I like the look of a man smoking a pipe. Usually there is a pleasant aroma wafting from it. I associate that with college professors. I have no idea why but pipe smokers seem thoughtful calm and not the kind of person who loses his cool about anything. Maybe once upon a time long ago I saw a movie and just remembered it? My dad was a 3-pack a day guy so there's nothing there that would cause me to want to smoke to remember that aroma. He did use OLD SPICE after shave lotion though. Happy Wednesday.:) This post was edited by RosieG at September 9, 2020 10:09 AM MDT
      September 9, 2020 8:03 AM MDT

A member here, Harry, smoked only cigars.(She is a woman.) She is MIA.

September 9, 2020 10:12 AM MDT

That looks like Julia Louise Dreyfuss (sp?) to me. It isn't? Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 9, 2020 10:21 AM MDT

She is...from Seinfeld.
      September 9, 2020 10:22 AM MDT

Ah yes. The show that was about absolutely nothing. Remember the SOUP NAZI? Remember how she danced? Ah yes I remember it well. Clearly you do too! Thanks! :)
      September 9, 2020 10:24 AM MDT