Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For awhile now the "stuff" coming out of the CDC has been massaged manipulated reshaped per NON-scientists. WHAT?

For awhile now the "stuff" coming out of the CDC has been massaged manipulated reshaped per NON-scientists. WHAT?

Yep. Donald Duck and his barnyard animal crew very carefully rewrite what the scientists have said before they release it. Science is forbidden in the barnyard capitol. Scientists are vilified humiliated contradicted ignored FIRED. The people who DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT are the only ones allowed to talk. It is what it is. Everyone says so. That's the way it is.

Job openings for quackpots and wackadoodles are plentiful.

Posted - September 18, 2020

Responses

There was a time when I had confidence in the federal agencies tasked with keeping the American people safe ad secure.  So many regulations have been rolled back that our food supply, our health, our ability to have secure elections, our national security are all in jeopardy.  This administration has done nothing to enhance the security of our country and, in fact, have made us more vulnerable to attack - especially in cyberspace - than ever before.  

I have no confidence that a Covid-19 vaccine that becomes available to the general public before all normal trials have been completed will be safe and/or effective.  I have never had a flu shot because I've never felt that it was more effective than my own immune system and I haven't had the flu in 50+ years.  When Dr. Fauci gets a Covid-19 vaccination, I'll give some thought to doing so myself.
      September 18, 2020 6:51 AM MDT

At the age of 70 our doctor told us to get a flu shot every year..no exceptions. We have and we have fared very well doing so. I trust nothing about the gubment bugment of Donald the Duck. I trust Dr. Fauci but Donald the Duck sidelined him Anything Donald the Duck says I am against. Anything Donald the Duck does I am against Anything Donald the Duck is I abhor. The existence of Donald the Duck OFFENDS me bigly. When he draws his last breathe I won't mourn. I will quite likely outlive him though I am going to be 83 this year..older than he is. I'm in much better physical and mental  and emotional and spiritual shape than he is. He is an abomination a blight a plague a monstrous behemoth. Sigh. Thank you for your reply L. Different strokes. I always get the vaccines I am advised to get by doctors I KNOW and TRUST. Your own immune system may one day require being shored up to save your life. I hope not. So far your disdain of flu shots has not harmed you. Perhaps it will one day. I'd keep my options open. Just saying.:) This post was edited by RosieG at September 18, 2020 8:40 AM MDT
      September 18, 2020 7:05 AM MDT

I understand your getting flu shots and were I in your position, I would get them, too.  When I read after the flu season is over that it was only 35% effective, I am more inclined not to get them.  Scientists have to guess every year which strain it will be and hope the vaccine they make is effective.  
      September 18, 2020 8:42 AM MDT

You're right of course sweetie. Every year it is a crapshoot. So far we've been "lucky". For our ages we are REMARKABLY healthy so finders crossed we stay that way. I do worry though if we living on "borrowed" time. Maybe it's a function of getting older. I try to push it aside but it lingers in the background. If Jim is out and about and comes home later than I thought he would I worry bigly. "WHAT IF TODAY IS THE DAY"? You know what follows. Morbid. Thank you for your reply L. I'm gonna ask.
      September 19, 2020 4:55 AM MDT

I try not to think of my own demise.  It's something over which I have little, if any, control.  I try to eat right, although i must admit I don't always succeed, try to live right and try to do right.  I do understand your fear about Jim, but all your worrying will not change what fate has in store.  
      September 19, 2020 9:11 AM MDT

I know. Why borrow trouble? So I'm gonna try real hard not to do so. I will remember or try to your words..."....all your worrying will not change what fate has in store". Long ago I read that "worry is the interest you pay on trouble". If trouble never comes you've paid out for something that was not real. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 19, 2020 9:32 AM MDT

I try not to pay interest on anything. :)
      September 19, 2020 11:18 AM MDT

I haven't paid interest on anything for DECADES. I pay as I go. I do not charge. I select I pay I leave. That's the end of it. I have never understood this alcoholic women shoppers. ADdicted to shopping like alkies are addicted to alcohol or drug addicts are addicted to drugs. THINGS have never ruled life. I don't lust after or dream of them or anything like that. I buy what I Need and sometomes if it is affordable I buy what I like/want but don't need. That's all I need to feel happy secure content. Buy buy buy buy buy. Why? I'm gonna ask  Thank you for your reply L :)
      September 20, 2020 9:04 AM MDT

I'm the same way.  When I needed to furnish my apartment, I paid half in cash and the other I charged and paid off as soon as possible - 1-2 months.  When I bought a car back in 2013, I took a 5-year loan and paid it off in 1-1/2 years.  Whatever I charge on my credit card, I pay when the bill comes.  I have no mortgage and no other debt.  
      September 20, 2020 10:48 AM MDT

((hugs)) Peace of mind is essential to me. I never had a call from anyone saying I hadn't paid my bills. My credit rating or payment history is exemplary. I have never lived above my income. Separate subject. When you read the thread about your Alaska Inside Passage cruise you will know that is what prompts my next question. It's about quantum entanglement on a personal leve. Maybe we are all onncected to one another all the time and are just unaware of it. Mebbe. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 21, 2020 3:19 AM MDT

There was a time when I was over-extended, but after I paid everything off, I vowed never to get in that situation again and I haven't.
      September 21, 2020 10:54 AM MDT

Once I had to borrow $500 from my mom to pay an expected repair bill on the engine of mu car. But I paid her back within a few months. And once we borrowed $500 from my then-husband's quite wealthy Aunt Margaret and when we tried to pay her back she refused to take the money and told is to buy something we'd really wanted but thought we couldn't afford with it. Can you believe that? We could not believe it! A very kind loving and gracious woman. She never said it was a gift. I think it pleased her that within a few months we were able to pay her back. I forget what we did with it. Thank you for your reply L. Oh once I had only $5 left in my checking account and was waiting for my next payday. I prayed that nothing would happen and nothing did. So while I've been very meticulous in my financial dealings I have had more than my share of good luck. I sometimes think my dad is my guardian angel. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 21, 2020 11:45 AM MDT

I'm pretty much the same way.  Now that I'm so close to retiring, the last thing I want to incur is debt.
      September 21, 2020 2:34 PM MDT

Exactly. So retirement now is in view? Are your plans to move nearer to your sister still on hold or once retired will you be involved in doing that? Anyway exciting times ahead for you! Safe too I hope. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 22, 2020 8:50 AM MDT
      September 22, 2020 4:56 AM MDT

I've "threatened" to retire on numerous occasions, so just take this with a grain of salt until I tell you I actually sent in my resignation. :)  Yes, I will move down to PA to be closer to my youngest sister.  
      September 22, 2020 8:51 AM MDT

When I retired I was shocked to find that most of my life I had defined myself by my job. As if that is all I ever was. What I did to earn a living. It took awhile to gear down. The first month I worked my a** off every day cleaning sorting segregating. As if I had to "earn my way every way". I finally realized that was ridiculous. What I did for a living was only a very small part of me. When it was gone I filled in the space with things that are far more important to me. Gave me more time to think and ponder and cogitate and question and observe and opine. Gave me freedom from being asked or requested or ordered to do anything. No one required anything of me. Do you know how freeing that is? I'm not saying that without your job you won't think you are anything but there is life after it far more rewarding. Just my opinion! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 22, 2020 11:49 AM MDT

I completely understand although it's been a long time since my job defined me 100%.  It's also been a very long time since I had to account to anyone for what I do (or don't do), where I go, how much money I spend (which I've never had to do), etc. I know that there's life after work, I just need to figure out what I want to spend my time doing to keep occupied and not let my brain turn into a prune. :)
      September 22, 2020 1:04 PM MDT

It won't. If you are curious about all kinds of things being retired gives you the time to pursue answers. I've never had so much fun using my brain as I do now L. I'm a retired Internal Auditor and I LOVED my job tons and tons. But the field of operation was always numbers. FACTS not fantasy. WHAT IS and never WHAT IF? I enjoyed every minute of it but I enjoy my life now far more. I am no longer limited to any specific arena or area of operation. I am not at the direction of anyone. I am not assigned jobs I would not choose. I have no one to answer to but me and I'm a very fluid controller. I go where I want when I want as often as I want or not at all. My choice completely! I LOVE IT MORE AND MORE AND MORE! So I'm pretty sure that part of you is like me. More time to explore things YOU want to explore and not that others are requiring you to explore. Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 29, 2020 4:14 AM MDT

:):):)
      September 29, 2020 8:26 AM MDT