Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some always try to do THE RIGHT THING because it is THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Some don't. What about you?

Some always try to do THE RIGHT THING because it is THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Some don't. What about you?

Are you a right thing doer for its own sake?

Why?

Posted - October 1, 2020

Responses

Actually, I have a reputation for exactly that---doing the right thing.

Why?---because it is the right thing to do. This post was edited by tom jackson at October 2, 2020 4:28 AM MDT
      October 1, 2020 3:16 PM MDT

I knew you would understand EXACTLY where I'm coming from tom. It is really the simplest thing in the world to do. THE RIGHT THING. Because you know what that is. You don't have to reframe it or put lipstick on it or take a spoonful of sugar to get it down. It's the easiest thing for me to do because when I don't it doesn't leave me alone. It badgers me and haunts me and dogs me and stalks me and drives me nuts. I learned ago to do what I believed to be the right thing and take my hits up front right away and not whine about it. Those who don't do the right thing spend their entire lives rationalizing justifying lying denying covering up defending explaining. It is never settled. When you do the right thing right away you move on because it's done. Homo saps are very weird aren't they? They go out of their way to do what's wrong for a variety of reasons. Exhausting debilitating frustrating and unsatisfying. Nothing ever is settled. AARRGGHH! Not my cuppa tea. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 2, 2020 4:33 AM MDT

That's a nice expansion of the subject, Rosie.

Truth exists and is the proper object of study

Truth is the conformity of the mind to that which exists.  

The intellect cannot be placed in possession of its object by an exterior agent that brings it there---

And that is the only way in which truth can be said to be relative---in that it has not yet been totally comprehended by various individuals.

And therein lies the danger in respecting all opinions---I respect one's right to opine error on a Q & A site, but I think that one should be ready to take the heat that assault on the truth may engender.

hold and state as one's opinion.
    This post was edited by tom jackson at October 2, 2020 12:05 PM MDT
      October 2, 2020 12:02 PM MDT

Your first sentence makes me feel really great tom. Thank you for opening with that! I appreciate it. You know by now I always say what I think and let it flow and I never edit except for spelling. Respecting all opinions is bullsh**! The opinion of a dad who commits incest? The opinion of a pedophile who defiles young children? That should be RESPECTED? That's the problem though I really don't think it exists. It sounds nice but it is bullsh**! No one RESPECTS ALL OPINIONS. Sure they can pretend they do to keep folks from getting ticked off at them but no one with a brain and an opinion can respect opinions that are ANATHEMA to them. Just more hokey meaningless words. SIGH. I'm really sick of that but well as long as there are hokey homo saps who lie to get along we will be having to hear crap like that. "Respect all opinions". It was Hitler's opinion that Jews should be exterminated. Respect that? Thank you for your reply tom! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 2, 2020 12:22 PM MDT
      October 2, 2020 12:11 PM MDT

Another nice expansion of the subject, Rosie---and I heartily agree with your position.
      October 2, 2020 12:23 PM MDT

Hmm. I guess I'm on a roll today! Thank you for your reply tom. And for showing up. I look forward to chatting with you but I'm pretty sure you guessed that! :)
      October 2, 2020 12:56 PM MDT

Same here
      October 2, 2020 12:58 PM MDT

:):):)
      October 2, 2020 1:20 PM MDT