Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » To you gals out there. Why would you pay any attention to a woman to instructs you about child birth who has never given birth?

To you gals out there. Why would you pay any attention to a woman to instructs you about child birth who has never given birth?

Isn't EXPERIENCE the best instructor? I don't get it.

A president who has never been in battle never been in war never even served his/her country in the military having power over the lives of millions and playing them as if they are pawns on a chess board? Seriously?

Posted - October 9, 2020

Responses

An unmarried marriage counselor.  They read a few books, passed a few tests, and got a nice certificate to hang on the wall.  Yep, having that certificate makes them 100% qualified to solve any marital problem that will ever arise. 

Some things take experience in order to understand.  It’s rather hard to walk a mile in another person’s shoes if you never put them on.  How can a person who has never been married fully understand the problems of those who have?  Sure, they may know a few things (book smarts), but without actual experience they’re unable to sympathize.  That sympathy is what makes a good counselor.  They’ve experienced pain, heartache, frustration (etc.), and have firsthand experience as to how it truly feels.  Book smarts can’t do that.  Book smarts say, X+Y=Z.  Therefore simply do ‘z’ and you’re cured.  In reality, rarely do X and Y=Z.  There’s always more to the equation.

October 9, 2020 12:20 PM MDT

I knew you'd understand Shuhak. You rarely ever don't. Others will argue the point when argument about a truth never flies with me. You can't be truly empathetic or sympathetic if you have never been there. Of course you can be sympathetic with regard to the pain and suffering of others without having experienced what they are going through. This is just being a kind and decent human being. But to call the shots and put people in jeopardy as if you KNOW? Or even worse that you don't KNOW or have a clue but you get support for what you do to others through that ignorance? How does that even come close to making any sense? It doesn't but well there you are. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to you! :)
      October 10, 2020 1:23 AM MDT