Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I never wondered about it. What is the source of consciousness or rather our AWARENESS of it. Guess what a noted physicist surmises?

I never wondered about it. What is the source of consciousness or rather our AWARENESS of it. Guess what a noted physicist surmises?

That the quantum level of existence has something to do with it. SAY WHAT?

So Roger Penrose, physicist, is working on that theory.

Do you ever question the source of self-awareness? I never did but now I wonder.
What makes me me to me? What is the mechanism by which I differentiate myself from others?

I look in a mirror and see a face reflected there. How do I know it is my face?

I know the brain is a vastly mysterious place. Cognitive science studies it trying to figure it out. How far science can get us in understanding/comprehending I don't know.

Do you ever wonder about your brain and why you are wired as you are? Where your likes and dislikes come from? Why you "change your mind" from time to time about some things and not others? Why you warm up to some immediately while others drive you away with the "vibes" they give off?

Ever wonder why some folks wonder about so many things while others never wonder about anything?

Posted - October 10, 2020

Responses