Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Anyone can be an SOB. Money doesn't make one ....necessarily. On the other hand which are there more of?

Anyone can be an SOB. Money doesn't make one ....necessarily. On the other hand which are there more of?

Rich or Poor SOB'S? Why d'ya think so pray tell?

Posted - October 12, 2020

Responses

Money has the tendency of giving people an elevated sense of ego.  It makes them think that they are better that those who don’t have money.  They are somehow “beneath” them.  No, money doesn’t make a snob, but it can bring it out in a person.  And whether we think so or not, we all have the ability to be snobbish inside us (an “inner snob”?).    

October 12, 2020 12:12 PM MDT

I am and always have been a snob since I can remember Shuhak. Not about money or looks or social status. I'm a snob about the folks I engage with and spend time with and always have been drawn to people smarter than I am. Why? Because ever since I can remember I wanted to learn everything I could about everything I could and I best learn best talking to others so when I don't understand/grasp something they help to understand. I can't do that with a book. I need back and forth communication. I have always been snobbish about that. I never wanted to hang out with dumb. I always was drawn to intelligent knowledgeable kind people willing to share what they knew with me and not "talk down" to me. When I find folks like that I get "stuck" on them. On their minds their brains. So I admit it. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 13, 2020 11:15 AM MDT
      October 13, 2020 3:01 AM MDT

Sometimes if we become too snobbish we can overlook a gem in the dung.  (no offense)  Not all rocks are gems, but all gems need polishing to reveal their real beauty.
      October 13, 2020 11:22 AM MDT

I totally agree with thee m'dear. I HAVE BEEN WRONG on rare occasion. Both ways. It happens! Thank you for your reply. Some folks are like gifts that keep on giving. Others are thieves who keep on stealing taking. You can't know in advance who is who or which is what. You just decide and then accept the consequences. :)
      October 14, 2020 5:51 AM MDT