Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In terms of achieving "success" (whatever that means) is the color of a man more important than the color of a woman?

In terms of achieving "success" (whatever that means) is the color of a man more important than the color of a woman?

Long ago there were few standouts from the way African Americans were depicted in films.

There was LENA HORNE. A beautiful woman with a great voice. I do not recall her ever playing a "mammy" in a movie.

There was Bill BOJANGLES Robinson. A great tapdancer whose fame was insured by a dance he did with a very young Shirley Temple on some steps in a movie. He never played the part of a fool with a slovenly twang hick dumb accent.

There were a few who came after but it was very sparse for a very long time. Was Sammy Davis Jr. ever allowed to stay at the same hotel where he entertained? Of course being a pal of Frank Sinatra helped him I'm sure to get acceptance. Still how insulting that you are forced to sleep in a different place because the "whites" might be offended.

A long bad embarrassing history America has. I think maybe that's why some entertainers fled to Paris. Josephine Baker comes to mind.

I don't know know if France has the same problem America does in the now. RACISM sucks the life out of any country and heart and the soul and the dignity.

Get rid of the dumb cluck duck by all means but that won't get rid of the dumb cluck duck racists and bigots who adore him. They will carry on. They won't go away. They are here to stay. And breed.

Posted - October 12, 2020

Responses