Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Hypocrisy does not sit well with the majority of americans. NOT AT ALL. The GOP once again sabotages itself. QUACK QUACK?

Hypocrisy does not sit well with the majority of americans. NOT AT ALL. The GOP once again sabotages itself. QUACK QUACK?

Posted - October 12, 2020

Responses

To be fair, l'm sure there have been times when the Democrats dabbled in hypocrisy, too.  Having said that, there was a very interesting OpEd piece in today's New York Daily News, written by an Evangelical Christian, and the topic was why he - and others - will not be voting for Trump, even if they are Republicans and had voted for him before.  His reasoning touches on the topic here about hypocrisy.  

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-how-trump-tears-us-apart-20201012-r4ba4njv3zc3rozaotjdipi5ra-story.html
      October 12, 2020 12:13 PM MDT

Even the best of us are hypcrites L. I admit I am. I despise those who kill animals for their fur and wear luxurious fur coats that contains the skins of many animals. But I love leather. Shoes purses jackets coats. So you see I am a hypocrite but my hypocrisy only affects me. The hypocrisy of a moscow mitch or lindsey grahamcracker affects millions adversely. Their hypocrisy is deadly. Mine is not remotely meaningful to you or others. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee. More former Republicans are speaking out and up and runnings trying to convince others Republicans to vote for Joe Biden. The poll numbers are growing in Joe's favor. The steadfast base will never change but there are not enough ot them to matter. Now the sabotage in which the desperate GOP is engaged could change the outcome. We'll find out. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 13, 2020 2:44 AM MDT

Yes, to some extent, we are all hypocrites.  I am reluctant to give credence to polls because they were so very wrong in 2016.  One of the featured stories on Sunday's 60 Minutes was the Lincoln Project.  It was very interesting how it began.  You will like it.
      October 13, 2020 8:25 AM MDT

I know of it and there are a couple of members whom I had seen back in the day as guests on political talks shows who ALWAYS impressed me for their LACK of insult to Democrats. They were always measured and discussed differences in policies and outlook with kindness and a certain gentility I admired. I always looked forward to their being guests. NOW? They ARE the Lincoln Project. Quality will out. Thank you for your reply L. :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 14, 2020 9:34 AM MDT
      October 14, 2020 5:58 AM MDT