Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Some spin the truth to conform to their partisan views. Children are watching and listening. They get spun too. Child abuse?

Some spin the truth to conform to their partisan views. Children are watching and listening. They get spun too. Child abuse?

Posted - October 14, 2016

Responses

I find it very disturbing, and way more disturbing than any curse words. Just look at some of the posts here at aM. Some of the people that are most eager to tell us we can't say this, or that will gladly share clips, illustrations and memes with topics like this. All in the cause of... Smh. It is very disturbing. They are even aware we got youngsters 14+ around here. That is kind of a hypocrisy, isn't it?
      October 14, 2016 6:18 AM MDT

Tell me about it SH! The loudest complaners are the most egregious examples of that which they constantly kvetch about. It never fails. Why that is I still haven't figured out yet. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 6, 2016 6:18 AM MST

Happy Sunday Rosie.
      November 6, 2016 10:28 AM MST

Thank you retroactively SH! :)
      November 8, 2016 8:08 AM MST

:-)
      November 8, 2016 8:10 AM MST

It depends on what they are spinning.  If they tell kids what Trump is spewing they are making mini-Nazis.  I don't know if this can be construed as abuse in the strict sense of the word.   It is a matter of opinion whether or not it is abuse, since the parents think so emphatically that they are right, it is hard to reason with them.  It is hard to make them see that the opposition is not just as guilty of abuse.

They think they are right and anything that stands in the way of righteousness to them is abuse.  When you think about much of  the stupid things, the moronic habits  parents teach their kids, most parents can be guilty of some type of abuse.   Politics falls low on the totem pole.  Start with human decency on all fronts before you get political.
      November 8, 2016 8:18 AM MST