Active Now

Zack
Malizz
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "No SMART businessman PREPAYS millons and millions of dollars in taxes. There is no such a thing as a FILING FEE for $750." Did duck lie?

"No SMART businessman PREPAYS millons and millions of dollars in taxes. There is no such a thing as a FILING FEE for $750." Did duck lie?

"SMART businessmen let their money earn interest and pay taxes AT THE LAST MINUTE"

So if what the duck said is TRUE he is NOT a SMART businessman.

Posted - October 23, 2020

Responses

Well, anybody who has paid attention to Trumps actual business dealings knows he isn't a smart businessman.
    Cunning, sure.  But that's different than smart.

I bet his accountants feel like the proverbial sailor handed a thimble to bail out a ship that is leaking like a sieve.
      October 23, 2020 8:08 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahaha. Funnee hunnee. Well we know that no one can stifle the duck from saying the most inopportune/embarrassing/humiliating things. He is always IN THE MOMENT. No past no future. Which is why he is such a clutz word wise. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      October 23, 2020 8:26 AM MDT

You pay a fee to the person/program filing your taxes.  That is how I took it.   It is not a fee to the IRS.

And yes, a smart person pre-pays their taxes.  If you do not and you paid in the year before the IRS charges an additional fee on top of your taxes. 
    ie. If you owed 20,000 in taxes in 2019 and when you file in 2020 you owe 25,000 in taxes. If you did not pre-pay at least $20,000 in 2020 the  IRS will charge a penalty.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 23, 2020 10:04 AM MDT
      October 23, 2020 9:24 AM MDT